Registration Profile fields
(09-13-2012, 05:59 PM)Starscream Wrote: ...than constantly asking users to provide their specs in their thread

Anything wrong with that?
The user ask for help and if he\she really want to get help,he\she should do a little work too.
It's not like playing your game as soon as possible is life dependent.

Some users don't know anything about pcs except how to turn it on,start some movie,notepad,web browser or game so asking them about something so "high" level in the registration form(without any help how to get that info)will be hard ordeal.

Sponsored links

Users are supposed to provide that information without anyone having to ask, if you add it to the registration process, they will know it's expected from them. If they're unable to do something as simple as providing their specs, they probably shouldn't be using the emulator anyway.
It will just become harder for the experience users to register,nothing more.
I've seen it hare many times question like "how to get that info"...do you really think such user will be able to fill that info in the registration form...think for the noobs too,not everyone know those thing(I know people that are long time pc users but still don't know some basic things).
If they don't know how to get their PC specs, they're never going to be able to dump their PS2 bios and use the emulator. You were right when you said:

Quote:The user ask for help and if he\she really want to get help,he\she should do a little work too

Absolutely right, so they have to find out what kind of PC they're using before the help starts.

Quote:It will just become harder for the experience users to register,nothing more.

It's not harder, it's a prerequisite. Anyone who is asking for help must provide information on what kind of machine they're using. Look, emulator runs on your PC, people need to know what kind of PC you have. It's just that simple. This isn't an absurd thing to ask, it_has_to_be_done.

That's pretty much all there is for me to say about this, I'll just be reading comments from here on out.
(09-13-2012, 07:30 PM)Starscream Wrote: If they don't know how to get their PC specs, they're never going to be able to dump their PS2 bios and use the emulator.
Well yes Smile,that's one way to know if the user actually dumped bios or get it from somewhere else.

Quote:Anyone who is asking for help must provide information on what kind of machine they're using.

Not really,I at least rarely ask questions about the emulator or ask question that actually need my pc specs for the answer.