Registry cleaner
Happy CNY, can anyone recommend a good and free registry cleaner for windows 10 ?

Sponsored links

If you are not constantly installing and uninstalling programs,those cleaning softwares are kind of pointless because I have tried many over the years(I see what they are removing) and as I said,If you are not constantly installing and uninstalling programs,they will clean something you will gain nothing from it.

Cleaning registry is not always safe
Advanced SystemCare is a nice all-in-one maintenance app for Windows.
Best used in combination with CCleaner, since it does not remove (for example) nVidia Forceware temps, which can amount to 400 MB of junk.
If you have WinPatrol or OrbitDownloader installed, then make sure to have these apps disabled in the junkfile-removal configuration, or they will get decreased functionality.

Windows 10 users (who value privacy) could also consider DoNotSpy10 & Disable Nvidia Telemetry.
(02-17-2018, 07:48 AM)vsub Wrote: If you are not constantly installing and uninstalling programs,those cleaning softwares are kind of pointless because I have tried many over the years(I see what they are removing) and as I said,If you are not constantly installing and uninstalling programs,they will clean something you will gain nothing from it.

Cleaning registry is not always safe

I agree with your advise for not using any registry cleaner. But then you have to be good at cleaning the registry manually ?
you have to know a bit how to operate windows ...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
don't trust any registry cleaner. They always mess something up. Instead, you can use something like revo uninstaller to make sure you remove things that come changed with the program that you installed only.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
I wouldn't recommend Advanced System Care. I had issues with it causing me a bunch of Windows Explorer crashes.

But then again that's from my own user experience.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
What exactly is "messed up" about your programs?
Ive been using revo for a lil over 10 years now piriform has their version but ive nvr tested it.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(02-26-2018, 07:13 AM)shinra358 Wrote: Ive been using revo for a lil over 10 years now piriform has their version but ive nvr tested it.

Are you using the free or pro revo uninstaller ?