Resolved: [Bug Report] The Operative: No One Lives Forever [NTSC-U]
# PCSX2 Version: v1.5.0-dev-334-g8ae7f60 and v1.4.0
# Emulation Options: EmotionEngine=Recompiler , IOP=Recompiler , EE/FPU=Chop/Zero , Clamping Mode=Normal , VU0=MicroVU Recompiler , VU1=MicroVU Recompiler , VU0 / VU1 Advanced Recompiler Options=Chop/Zero , Clamping Mode=Normal
#Plugins Used:
  • GSdx 2016021381549 (Direct3D11 (Software), Auto Interlacing, Edge AA, 3 Rendering Threads, Mipmapping)
  • LilyPad 2016021381549
  • SPU2-X 2016021381549 (Interpolation=4, Module=1, TimeStretch, Stereo)
  • Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0 (tried both CDVD=ISO and CDVD=Plugin)
  • USBnull Driver 2016021381549
  • FWnull Driver 2016021381549
  • DEV9null Driver 2016021381549
# Description of bug and of how to replicate it:
  • Indomitable Cate Archer Scene 9 fails to load after reaching the end of level trigger for scene 8. Loading screen flickers on the static image and the game does not progress regardless of button inputs. No issues with level loading prior to this point (~90% through the game). Problem does not occur in PAL version (SLES-50592).
Also checked the CRC & MD5 of the dump to make sure it matched Redump.org's just to make sure I didn't screw up something while ripping the disc.

Save State (right before glitch triggers)
Save State from same area of SLES-50592 (to see what should happen)
Memory Card for the level/scene just in case. Includes saves for both the NTSC-U and PAL versions, but it starts you at the beginning of the scene.

Location in the Level: [Image: BNLsvTJs.jpg]
Last thing you see before you have a seizure: [Image: SCOinnYs.jpg]

Sponsored links

if you press F9 when it starts flickering, what happens?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-14-2016, 02:27 PM)refraction Wrote: if you press F9 when it starts flickering, what happens?

It continues to flicker as it cycles between hardware and software mode.

I noticed another oddity between the NTSC-U and PAL versions while I was building the memory card save: weapon zooming doesn't work properly in the US version but works dandy in the PAL one. I noticed it earlier on but earmarked it for something to troubleshoot after I got a new controller adapter (the one I have now I've been using since ~99/00) just in case it was related to analog button support or something. Should I make a separate post for that or should I just create some matching quick saves where the applicable weapons are already available?
Id probably make a separate one for that as it is a separate issue Smile

Does the flickering happen on older versions of the emulator as well like 1.2.1 and 1.0.0?

(02-14-2016, 02:59 PM)refraction Wrote: Does the flickering happen on older versions of the emulator as well like 1.2.1 and 1.0.0?

Just gone done testing 1.2.1 and it loaded the next level (Scene 9) without a problem. Incidentally, the weapon zooming worked fine in 1.2.1 as well! Are there any other milestones that look like viable test cases?
You could try going through the 1.3.1 builds here (start at the bottom then miss a load, then try to narrow it down) http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=fulllist

see if you can find there it went wrong there, that would be a great help Smile

Tested on latest git, doesn't freeze at all - loads fine.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.