Remove or disable KOF 2002 soundtrack?
It's all good man. Misunderstanding happen.

That's a weird error. The only thing that comes to mind is that, at it's heart, xdeltaUI is a cmd line tool. So the suggestions I have are to shorten the path to the file and remove special characters like commas. Long file paths can lead to errors in windows and commas can lead to errors in apps like these.

So place both the game and patch in shorter path like so:

Game:
C:/PS2Games/King of Fighters 2002 (USA).iso

Patch:
C:/PS2Games/kof_2002_usa_no_stage_music_v1-0.xdelta

I have a feeling it's just that comma in your file path that's doing it, but shortening the actual file names too like in my example above couldn't hurt either.

That's the only idea I have. :/

Edit: Also, you could restart your computer and try again. If you've tried to patch the iso unsuccessfully earlier today, it could be that some process still is 'using' it in the background. Restarting your PC will stop that, if that's the case.

Sponsored links

(03-16-2023, 05:39 AM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: It's all good man. Misunderstanding happen.

That's a weird error. The only thing that comes to mind is that, at it's heart, xdeltaUI is a cmd line tool. So the suggestions I have are to shorten the path to the file and remove special characters like commas. Long file paths can lead to errors in windows and commas can lead to errors in apps like these.

So place both the game and patch in shorter path like so:

Game:
C:/PS2Games/King of Fighters 2002 (USA).iso

Patch:
C:/PS2Games/kof_2002_usa_no_stage_music_v1-0.xdelta

I have a feeling it's just that comma in your file path that's doing it, but shortening the actual file names too like in my example above couldn't hurt either.

That's the only idea I have. :/

Edit: Also, you could restart your computer and try again. If you've tried to patch the iso unsuccessfully earlier today, it could be that some process still is 'using' it in the background. Restarting your PC will stop that, if that's the case.
Less bad. Indeed, misunderstandings sometimes happen, but it's good to explain and explain sometimes.

I had thought the same thing about shutting down and restarting the computer, but I had done that before, tonight, twice, before doing that, since in the afternoon, I was confused with the file and I couldn't even do the procedure today correctly, then, after that I went to restart and after that I went to talk to you and test this and it gave this, too strange, it was well after all that restarting that I did the procedure and still, it gave this.

And well thought, I had not even thought about the comma and the size of the names (but I know that large sizes sometimes interfere with certain things in other systems and situations, in this case, I thought it had no relevance), but I did and nothing changed , get into it, bro. The same:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok, well maybe we have different versions of the game. When I start up the game in PCSX2, and go to Settings -> Game Properties this is the info PCSX2 gives me about the disc:

Title: King of Fighters 2002 & 2003 [Disc 1 of 2]
Path: C:/path/to/The King of Fighters 2002 - Challenge to Ultimate Battle (USA).iso
Serial: SLUS-20995
CRC: 7F74D8D0

If this info is different for you, specifically the Serial and CRC, then then that could be why you are getting that error as you need the same disc the patch was made for.

I'm not super familiar with this game so I don't know if there are multiple regional releases.
(03-16-2023, 06:44 AM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: Ok, well maybe we have different versions of the game. When I start up the game in PCSX2, and go to Settings -> Game Properties this is the info PCSX2 gives me about the disc:

Title: King of Fighters 2002 & 2003 [Disc 1 of 2]
Path: C:/path/to/The King of Fighters 2002 - Challenge to Ultimate Battle (USA).iso
Serial: SLUS-20995
CRC: 7F74D8D0

If this info is different for you, specifically the Serial and CRC, then then that could be why you are getting that error as you need the same disc the patch was made for.

I'm not super familiar with this game so I don't know if there are multiple regional releases.
So, I read what you said this morning and tried to download the same version at that time, I went to CoolRom and downloaded the rom of the same name that is there (I think there is another site that has it too and I must have it here , but I must not have looked right, but there it was clearer, on the other site, it does not indicate that, it only indicates that the rom has that name, on CoolRom even the title of the page is this and it is not the case on the other sites, only the file has that name, it doesn't say in the title if it's the file from disk 1 and disk 2, I'm confused if they are taken from the same games as indicated there and I'm not very familiar with believing that or not, so this time, I I preferred to go there, I don't usually go down there, but anyway). 

And I got busy and my internet for some reason was slow to download, since I have 200MB of internet and it was downloading at kbs and I got it now, it's been almost an hour and it was downloading at 2MB (I don't understand that either, but it's another detail now that won't matter much. And sorry for the delay, I was going to answer you in the morning anyway). 

But going on, in itself, I typed the same text that you gave the name and went to download (I had this version in 2019, from disk 1 and 2 of 2002 and 2003 together, I thought I had it now too, but I saw that I had only them separate or if I have it, I didn't notice it right), so I went there, downloaded it just now and put it in the patch and nothing. Nothing, it's not even a matter of familiarity, I believe you managed to help me a lot so far, even with that, even so, you helped me more than a lot of people, there's no problem with this case, the point is just to work, you help me it got to the point and I got it up to a point, it just doesn't go beyond that and I don't know why, I don't know why. 

It's not working yet, *****, bro. I don't know what's going on, but it's weird, I looked at the serial and CRC and saw that it's the same as yours, wtf, what the ***** bro? And I did everything right, I tried this time, even with all that, downloading from the same file name as yours, the game identical to yours, I put it there and nothing. Still nothing, even after all that searching for the same rom with the page with the same title and file name and I check it, it's all the same and it's the same and still, it wasn't, it didn't work at all, what the heck, bro and sorry to waste your time with this, so if that's the case and I missed the longer text, I wouldn't be able to explain myself maybe if I hadn't told you all that, but thanks for the help up to this point in this game issue.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You're not trying to save the patch back into the same source iso are you? You have to save the patched iso as a separate, new iso, with a different name if you are saving it back into the same folder with your source iso.

I'm sorry if that's obvious, but after playing around with the xdeltaUI patcher, that's the only way I can get that error to pop-up on my end.
(03-16-2023, 11:06 PM)Gnxhbala Wrote: So, I read what you said this morning and tried to download the same version at that time, I went to CoolRom and downloaded the rom of the same name that is there (I think there is another site that has it too and I must have it here , but I must not have looked right, but there it was clearer, on the other site, it does not indicate that, it only indicates that the rom has that name, on CoolRom even the title of the page is this and it is not the case on the other sites, only the file has that name, it doesn't say in the title if it's the file from disk 1 and disk 2, 

u can't discuss piracy on here bro