Repeated Flashing during Emulation
I'm sure this is a very common problem, so I'm hoping there is a common solution.

Whenever I play DragonBallz Budokai Tenkaichi 3, the screen repeatedly flashes. I can't say with precision how many times per second, only that it occurs at LEAST 5 times per second. The screen flashes at ridiculous rate, so much that after playing for some time it's somewhat unnoticeable. This flashing is not one pure color that repeatedly blocks my view, but a transparent white that films over whatever is occurring already on the screen. Regardless, it can be very distracting and sometimes outright angering.

The game is still playable, it runs 100% correctly in all other senses with this glitch/problem set aside, all renderings, models, textures, whatever show up completely fine, the sound works, roughly 50-60fps, the whole deal.

This flashing only occurs during an actual 3D fighting match, and not on any of the menu screens, so I'm inclined to believe that it has something to do with my graphics drivers or PCSX2 graphics settings (of which I have tinkered with extensively with no positive results).

Another small thing I have noticed is that when these sporadic flashes occur, a "ghost" image of whatever is happening at that exact moment in the game shows up to the left of the actual position. This ghost image is barely noticeable, and extremely faded, but otherwise accurate (a perfect replication of the actual image). I'm not sure if this smaller glitch/problem is as important as the flashing screen, and it took me many run-throughs of the game to notice it.

I have little experience with this program, so any help would be great! My system specs and settings are below.

System Specifications:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel Q9550 @2.83Ghz (Not overclocked)
ATI Radeon 5870, Newest Drivers (v10.6) w/all stock speeds except for the fan (75% as opposed to stock 20 or 25)
8GB DDR2 @ 800Mhz

Pcsx2 Settings/Configuration:
Version 0.9.6
Graphics: GSdx 0.1.14 (Direct3D10 Hardware) @ 1024 * 1024
Sound: ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6
Controller: SSSPSX PAD Plugin Pressure Mod 1.7.0
Cdvdrom: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
Usb: USBnull Driver 0.5.0
FireWire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0
(If I didn't give enough information, I'm sorry, just tell me anything I need to post and I will)

Sponsored links

I have a similar problem, when I'm playing a game textures keep disappearing and reappearing, but it doesn't happen constantly,and there's no rhythm to it.
so this might be a common problem but differing in the effect from one setting to another. however the ghosting doesn't happen on any games ( except for GoW II ).
Bump. I really want to find a solution to this, its really bugging me. Suggestions, even if not certain that they will completely fix this problem, would be great.
Onl;y solution is using GSdx with a software renderer. Which will in turn kill your FPS and render in native resolution making image quality crap Tongue Since you got a quad core you could try setting 3 SW rendering threads, maybe you'll get somewhat acceptable FPS
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-28-2010, 09:17 PM)Bositman Wrote: Onl;y solution is using GSdx with a software renderer. Which will in turn kill your FPS and render in native resolution making image quality crap Tongue Since you got a quad core you could try setting 3 SW rendering threads, maybe you'll get somewhat acceptable FPS

Thank you so much for offering your help! What kind of program do you recommend for a "software renderer"? And I apologize for my ignorance, but what does 3 SW rendering threads mean?
Configure GSdx, on renderer set DX10 Software and on SW render threads set 3.
(06-28-2010, 09:36 PM)Bositman Wrote: Configure GSdx, on renderer set DX10 Software and on SW render threads set 3.

Okay. I've done that. The flashing has gone away, but now I'm getting severe lag. I average about 25 fps now and when it spikes it spikes down to 11 or 3 (around). The graphics look a little fuzzy, but its better than the flashing. Will increasing the "SW render threads" increase the performance? What exactly do they do? Otherwise, thank you for the help so far.
Yes they will. All these options are documented in the configuration guide already really.
(06-28-2010, 09:43 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yes they will. All these options are documented in the configuration guide already really.

Okay. Thank you. I guess I could say that my original problem has been solved. Thank you so much. I'll tinker with the settings you mentioned until I receive a playable result. Again, thanks.