[Request]One folder per game/Keyboard Shortcuts[SaveState]
Hello,

When you play many games and use savestate a lot, it becomes a complete mess, since the file aren't named with the game name. Therefore i had an idea : Why not making PCSX2 create a subfolder for each game?! Even if that folder also doesn't have the game name, it's already much cleaner Smile

Don't you think so? Another thing, probably already requested : Let us edit/create our own shortcuts! The emulator dolphin use great one such as F1 to load, shift+F1 to save, with all the F keys! And more of course..

Thanks!

Sponsored links

Good idea, because that folder could also contain a widescreenpatch and .pnach file.

Edit: If it isn't in the savestatefolder, that is Smile.
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
mainly for savestates it's no use, cause the savestates are version and game dependant though.
I would much rather they redo the way the hotkeys are assigned to save/load states. Make it where pressing F1-F10 loads the state, and then pressing Shift+F1-F10 saves the state. That way we know which state slot we're currently on.
(04-01-2013, 07:45 PM)Isamu Wrote: I would much rather they redo the way the hotkeys are assigned to save/load states. Make it where pressing F1-F10 loads the state, and then pressing Shift+F1-F10 saves the state. That way we know which state slot we're currently on.

there are two problems with that suggestion, first because other functions are tied with the F keys...

second, because would be far better if the F1-F10 saved the game and shift+Fx loaded them... the last thing you want is hitting a F key and reloading long time before game Smile

If I'd suggest something would be having automatic cycling between sstates number for quick quick game savings and AVOIDING the possibility to save the sstate to chosen slot so to "incentive" people to save in memcard instead relying on sstates for long term save games. Of course the choice to load from any those rotating sstates is a must.

PS: About memcards themselves, would be a nicety to have the emulator's automatically loading the ones related to the game being started and offering to create them if none is found. The possibility to force loading whatever named memcard should be provided as well for specific purposes.

But in the end these are time demanding suggestions and the devs are probably more concerned with bettering the emulation than satisfying user's laziness or carelessness Smile (and I mean myself here).

Anyway any those suggestions could be implemented at frontends or in the GUI by skilled programmers not necessarily involved with the emulation development itself.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-01-2013, 09:39 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: there are two problems with that suggestion, first because other functions are tied with the F keys...

second, because would be far better if the F1-F10 saved the game and shift+Fx loaded them... the last thing you want is hitting a F key and reloading long time before game Smile

If I'd suggest something would be having automatic cycling between sstates number for quick quick game savings and AVOIDING the possibility to save the sstate to chosen slot so to "incentive" people to save in memcard instead relying on sstates for long term save games. Of course the choice to load from any those rotating sstates is a must.

hmm, you do have a point. Maybe just keep it the way it is and have a small text overlay telling us which state we've just selected, or maybe a hotkey that pops up an overlay telling us what state we're currently on.