Request for a feature for Silent Scope
Wow. This forum is horrible. You ask for a feature and you get people insulting you.

There is a huge difference in asking for a feature that would make a game arcade perfect, and something stupid as replacing a model with goats.
I seriously hope you're smart enough to be able to figure that out

And as for requesting a USB lightgun driver, wouldn't that whole bit about taking control of the XY coordinates to allow mouse control be just that?

You guys act like I was rude and demanded you drop what you're doing and do everything I commanded or something. I asked politely, and said I understood that it wouldn't be a priority.

Do you guys treat every request this horribly?

Sponsored links

I don't see how this is a feature, the PS2 never had this, neither did any of the home conversions of Silent Scope.
The only version that had this feature was the arcade machine, so perhaps you should go and bug the MAME team ?
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
(10-01-2009, 10:33 PM)DKTronics Wrote: I don't see how this is a feature, the PS2 never had this, neither did any of the home conversions of Silent Scope.

So things the PS2 didn't do don't count as features?

Better go tell the devs of this emulator that, cause they list a bunch of features their emulator does that PS2 doesn't!

I'm asking for it BECAUSE PS2 didn't do it. Don't you think if PS2 did it I wouldn't have asked in the first place?

Also, I did ask in other forums. I haven't gotten a reply from the MAME devs. An XBOX emulator guy POLITELY explained that compatibility is more important than features but asked me to get some info from the game for him POLITELY. A huge difference from all your rude arsed responses here.
(10-01-2009, 10:46 PM)NeoTechni Wrote: So things the PS2 didn't do don't count as features?

Where do you stop ?
Perhaps they should add webcam support ?
Or perhaps the ability to chat online from inside the emulator ?
Or what about the ability to record incoming video ?
Perhaps watch TV on the emulator ?
Add support for online dating ?
How about a preference for people with Beards ?

Quote:Better go tell the devs of this emulator that, cause they list a bunch of features their emulator does that PS2 doesn't!

Most of these features actually benefit the emulator and it's users.

Quote:I'm asking for it BECAUSE PS2 didn't do it. Don't you think if PS2 did it I wouldn't have asked in the first place?

Who knows, or even cares.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
(10-01-2009, 11:01 PM)DKTronics Wrote:
(10-01-2009, 10:46 PM)NeoTechni Wrote: So things the PS2 didn't do don't count as features?

Where do you stop ?

i only asked for one thing
so thats where i stop

all your features would be done by other programs
mine must be done by the emulator

theres a huge difference between dumping a surface from the game ansd your idiotic suggestions
do reply so horribly to every suggestion?

so lets say if i were to ask the devs to make it so memory cards would be detected as pocketstations so games like ff8 would let you save the pocketstation minigame so you could use it in an external emulator are you going to make some retarded comment like where does it end? whats next a gba emulator?

please buy some manners
I would think that, judging by the numbers of games which are not even playable at all yet and those that have major bugs etc., it would make sense for developers to focus on fixing these problems, which affect a much larger range of people, than to use their time adding a feature to a specific game which was not even part of the original PS2 which they wish to emulate.

At this point in time, or rather, at this stage of development of the emulator, I don't think any such 'features' should be considered, when there are much more pressing issues such as playability (as in being able to play through the entire game). I assume your game runs fine throughout? (Since this thread is for a request for a feature, not a troubleshooting thread).

I don't know if development for this emulator will reach a point where compatibility has peaked and there will be time for taking such requests, but I suppose by that time, we'd have moved onto a PS3 emulator or something...
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
see now that was a polite response

thank you
I don't see anyone insulting you, just your idea.

The difference is that a USB plugin would just be that - a plugin. Would mimic the lightgun directly though the PS2's (simulated) USB port. Would act just like a PS2 lightgun, and fits into the current, logical, plugin framework, and would work with any PS2 game with lightgun support. Only complexity here is emulating USB.

What you're requesting would require Pcsx2 use a hard-coded address in the PS2's emulated memory space for a specific game (Which would be different for each different version of the game), then map the value at that address to a physical region on the GS visual output. And get mouse input directly from the pad plugin, using that information to modify the value at that raw memory location (All pad plugins would have to be modified to support this). And then tell the GS plugin to create a new window centered at the screen coordinate that memory location works for. And modify the GS plugin to accept that coordinate and use it to create another display, centered at that location. This would all only work for a single game, unless someone went and figured out the memory addresses and necessary function to map their values to screen coordinates and back for multiple games. I basically summarized all this in my previous post.

Can you see the difference? And understand why the idea has been so strongly bashed by a beta tester (Err...Angel of Death. Same difference), a Pcsx2 dev, and a plugin author? It's not that it's a lot of effort, or it'd just have a low priority... It's that it's not a reasonable thing to implement.

As for politeness of response... If you look far enough back in time, you'll probably notice that each person who attacked your idea started out much more polite. Everyone only has a certain tolerance for responding to irritatingly bad feature requests... And speed complaints... And compatibility complaints...
i did not notice them starting polite, the very first responses were rude from the outset
unless youre saying they started out years ago being polite
i didnt say they were insulting me, i said they were horribly rude
there was no reason to strongly bash it at all
that just tells everyone this place is filled with jetrks and never to contribute

and i know the addresses would be game dependent

and the new window would not be centered on the position, it could be anywhere
it just needs a copy of the the surface bitblt to it

as for it not being reasonable, why isnt it? wouldnt you want a full arcade experience at home?
Not really, no :o

I'd rather see more games working, but that's my personal oppinion as your opinion was there would be a benefit to this feature which you've seen most people have disagreed to. Thing is yeah some of the answers were rude however you got to understand we get some of this not very "useful" feature requests every once in a while and people think they'll get stuff they want to see in the emu delayed cause of them, then again plugin makers and devs work in whatever they want anyway so you can either hope this ever gets implemented or code a plugin like what you're asking youirself or well the other solution you had for it Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64