Poll: Frameskip high GS load
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Implement
16.67%
1 16.67%
Not implement
83.33%
5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Request frameskip
Question 
I don't know. It is possible or not to implement this.
Frameskipping on high GS load.
Here is the rule :
If fps drop and there is high %GS load ( >60%) = frame will be skipped.
If fps drop and there low %GS load ( <60%)= frame will not be skipped.
Because In pcsx2 there notice : Due to PS2 hardaware design, precise frameskipping is impossible.
I believe real PS2 use this methode doing frameskip. Because it will give different result on different machine.
All of us know if we play in game. Suddenly fps drop in some event.
Frameskip can be constant skipping or auto skip( frame will be skipped to it actual fps(60/50fps)
What do you think?
Anyone with me. If yes give poll.
Thank you Smile
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y

Sponsored links

i have this old thread is similar that your requested unfortunately some ppl. oppose this system.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-a-proposa...meskipping
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(03-21-2014, 04:49 PM)smartstrike Wrote: i have this old thread is similar that your requested unfortunately some ppl. oppose this system.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-a-proposa...meskipping

My frameskipping methode is different with yours.
Mine is frameskipping on high GS load only wich is safe. But with your methode frame skipping will caused graphical issue. And your methode frameskipping already implemented before. Devs stop working cos it is caused issue.
As wild as your methods are Billyash, I sure enjoy seeing this out-of-the-box thinking. The only problem is, being that these methods are quite radical, they will not be generally supported. So if people start posting threads about game problems related to altering ini files and frameskipping, they might be out of luck.

But overall, I get what you are saying. Smile
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

high GS loads don't require skipping unless it's maxing out the cpu, but then that would cause the framerate to drop, so the currently implemented version of frameskipping would kick in.

So, what is the point of this?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-21-2014, 08:48 PM)refraction Wrote: high GS loads don't require skipping unless it's maxing out the cpu, but then that would cause the framerate to drop, so the currently implemented version of frameskipping would kick in.

So, what is the point of this?
there are GPU demanding games. Which mean %GS load is high. If frameskipping only on high %GS load.
It will help on those game. But currently frameskipping isn't effective. E.g : constant skipping= why ? Because frames drop do not happen all the time.which cause movement isn't smooth to the game. But if we use constant skipping if %GS load is high. We will both enjoy smooth movement and speed. What do you think?
(03-22-2014, 12:17 AM)billyash Wrote: there are GPU demanding games. Which mean %GS load is high. If frameskipping only on high %GS load.
It will help on those game. But currently frameskipping isn't effective. E.g : constant skipping= why ? Because frames drop do not happen all the time.which cause movement isn't smooth to the game. But if we use constant skipping if %GS load is high. We will both enjoy smooth movement and speed. What do you think?

I don't think you understand, that's what i think ;p

you could have a GS load of 95% and the game could still run at full speed, if you forced that to frame skip, it would make the game run worse and possibly become less playable. you should only ever have to frameskip if the game is running slow and if it is the GS causing that, it will be at 99%, but if the game is running slow because of that or anything else, the existing frameskip will already kick in, so doing what you suggest really is a complete waste of time.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-21-2014, 08:47 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: As wild as your methods are Billyash, I sure enjoy seeing this out-of-the-box thinking. The only problem is, being that these methods are quite radical, they will not be generally supported. So if people start posting threads about game problems related to altering ini files and frameskipping, they might be out of luck.

But overall, I get what you are saying. Smile
i think.it is not radical. We just remove skip on turbo mode with Constant skipping if high %GS load.
I believe real PS2 use that methode to skipping.
(03-22-2014, 12:22 AM)refraction Wrote: I don't think you understand, that's what i think ;p

you could have a GS load of 95% and the game could still run at full speed, if you forced that to frame skip, it would make the game run worse and possibly become less playable. you should only ever have to frameskip if the game is running slow and if it is the GS causing that, it will be at 99%, but if the game is running slow because of that or anything else, the existing frameskip will already kick in, so doing what you suggest really is a complete waste of time.
i am sorry please read my first post.
Frameskip if fps drop( game running slow) and %GS load is high.
Other than that frame will not be skipped.
I know it will be 99%. It will help those demanding GPU games and weak GPU
Understand ? Smile. Thank you
(03-22-2014, 12:42 AM)billyash Wrote: i am sorry please read my first post.
Frameskip if fps drop( game running slow) and %GS load is high.
Other than that frame will not be skipped.
I know it will be 99%. It will help those demanding GPU games and weak GPU
Understand ? Smile. Thank you

your welcome to compile this and prove it better then what the coders of pcsx2 is using. if you dont know coding then why you even asking when they said it would be pointless?

Side note you topics are fun to read