Request to either add ee cycle rate 4 and vu cycle stealing 4 or undeclock ps2
I know it's crazy,but it will greatly help a handful of games on slow devices

I downloaded a modified version of pcsx2 with the said option called valdanx(just trying,sorry)

On games like final fantasy X,horrondeous ugly glitches were apparent using speedhack to 4.

But on kingdom hearts 2,I was finally playing the game for the first time in fullspeed using both options(vu and ee) at 4 even without frameskipping.Using the mentioned valdanx with the speedhack options to 4 will make it full speed even without frameskip(although it seems that there are slight internal franeskips happenning)

Its much more bearable than frameskip but it can break many things on some games(kh2 didnt have any bugs on even on ee 4 and vu stealing 4(using the speedhacks option to 2 with frameskipping causes many stuttering especially on twilight town)

Its only optional so its okay
thanks and kudos

(now if only pcsx2's frameskip algorithm was the same as the one used on a lot of ps2 games)

Sponsored links

Ee and vu cyclerate to 3 is already enough (danger) to break the game and you called to make exceed that options to 4 ? :-P

even putting both to 3 make false fps and mostly laggy gameplay ! While increasing ee cyclerate it reduces the speed of emotion engine which only help for little no. Of games!
But putting both the sliders to their max limit make no sense ! It wont help you in anyway rather then showing false fps! Btw unofficial builds are non stable and mostly uncompatable with most of the games!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(02-21-2014, 10:12 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: Ee and vu cyclerate to 3 is already enough (danger) to break the game and you called to make exceed that options to 4 ? :-P

even putting both to 3 make false fps and mostly laggy gameplay ! While increasing ee cyclerate it reduces the speed of emotion engine which only help for little no. Of games!
But putting both the sliders to their max limit make no sense ! It wont help you in anyway rather then showing false fps! Btw unofficial builds are non stable and mostly uncompatable with most of the games!

All you said was true,but it does have some exceptions.

As i have stated,i have tried putting vu stealing and ee to 4.
Final fantasy X was a trainwreck with bizzare bugs and breaking

But kingdom hearts 2 was nearly perfect.The fps reading was not false bec while the fps was 100 percent,it was not slow motion

I think it was frameskipping "internally"

The said option is very useful but only to a number of games

Hence,it is okay to use it just so as long as it is optional and there are warnings.

If you dont believe ,play kh 2 on dalvanax mod of pcsx2(just for testinh only okay)
(02-21-2014, 10:33 AM)mckimiaklopa Wrote: All you said was true,but it does have some exceptions.

As i have stated,i have tried putting vu stealing and ee to 4.
Final fantasy X was a trainwreck with bizzare bugs and breaking

But kingdom hearts 2 was nearly perfect.The fps reading was not false bec while the fps was 100 percent,it was not slow motion

i will make you sure that using speedhacks makes false fps ! But that doent mean that speedhacks are waste ! For some games speedhacks works just perfect i.e . Sotc and god of war 1 and 2 in which vu stealing to 2 makes gameplay much better and give a huge speedup in games for slow pc's! I understand what you are trying to say but i want to clearify that speedhack wont give you true and realtime fps
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(02-21-2014, 10:37 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: i will make you sure that using speedhacks makes false fps !

Forgive me,it is valdanx pcsx2
anhways

Like i said,it depeends on the game whether using speedhacks will speed up gameplay or cause false fps readings.

it's also true for ppsspp

underclocking the emulated psp to 35mhz will cause false fps readings and slow motion on tekken dark ressurection and crisis core ff7

But doing the same on kingdom hearts birth by sleep or gow(to some extent) will instead cause minor speedups or perfectly internal frameskipping depending on the scene of the game.

Just for the record,I only tried valdanx for curiosity.

anyways,the speedhacks to 4 or underclocking will be safe as long as it is optional(or maybe evem hidden)
You need a big cpu for demanding games, or you need to wait the next versions, thats all.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
(02-21-2014, 10:58 AM)Coma Wrote: You need a big cpu for demanding games, or you need to wait the next versions, thats all.

Yeah i know(i only have a dual core pentium with intel gma 3150)

But like i have repeated,I have tried on kingdom hearts 2 with vu cycle stealing and ee to 4 using valdanx pcsx2.The game became very fast withouth noticeable bugs.Why dont you try valdanx and test kingdom hearts 2.

Just for the record,i'm not persuading anyone to actually use a modified version of pcsx2,im just telling them to test it out.

To the mods or devs,iM sorry if i had offended anyone by constantly using valdanx in my posts
People are already complaining their games don't work after putting all hacks to the max, imagine how many we would have if we added those options...not to mention if your PC needs settings like that, it is surely not up to the task/ancient.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
There are some ways to speed up game speed. Like i did e.g changing base framerate but devs are focusing on accuracy. What you do like what i did. Which useless. Im sorry didn't mean let you down. Smile Thank you
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
I have tested another game using vu cycle stealing 4 and ee cycle rate 4.
The game I tested was kingdom hearts 1(note that for me,this game is slower using the latest pcsx2 build compared to kh2)

It is very fast,framerate is usually 100% with seldom frame dips.Some parts of the game(traverse town,Gummi ship mission) make frame rate a bit slow(up to 69%) but even in there the framerate is usually 100%.
There are some very minor graphic glitches,none of them affecting gameplay.

IN the past ,the settings I used was vu cycle stealing to 2/3 and ee to 2/3.With this config,it is too slow.With frameskip,everything is too stuttery and freezy.

if,and only IF the devs decide to add the said option,i thinks it's best if this option is only accessible through the .ini file