Requesting help re: steering wheel setup
Hi everyone. Having trouble setting up a Thrustmaster T300RS despite consulting online videos and googling, so trying my luck here. 

Under qemu plugin config, when I press buttons for mapping, the "listening to..." message flashes for nanoseconds and then disappears. Then no matter what button I press or which direction I turn the wheel, the button maps to the same value (e.g. -1/0/0/271). I go through all the motions anyway, and not surprisingly none of the buttons work.

I then tried to config with Lilipad. The non directional buttons work, steering also works, but the D pad doesn't, so I cannot make any selections. Accelerator and brake also no response (although please have mercy on this noob and teach me how to map those, in case I mapped this part wrong).

Same issues across a couple of games I tested, and all the wheel controls also work in the control panel, so I can confirm these problems are not game specific or general to my PC setup. 

Hope this explanation of the problem is clear. Thank you so much for everyone's input in advance!

Sponsored links

There's a special plugin for steering wheels. However, I can't remember what's it called.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(05-30-2019, 04:33 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: There's a special plugin for steering wheels. However, I can't remember what's it called.

Thanks for the response. Appreciate it. If you're referring to qemu, I'm using that now. 

Just to let everyone know and in case any other noobs like me ran into a similar problem, the issue was with other USB devices fighting for control with the wheel. That was why disabling Lilipad or deleting all the mapped buttons within that (as some other related old threads had suggested) didn't work for me. I physically disconnected another USB arcade stick, and the set up was smooth for the wheel within qemu configuration. 

After the wheel was successfully set up, even when I connected the arcade stick back again, the wheel controls were fine. 

On the other hand, when I tried using the arcade stick, some buttons didn't work; but once I disconnect the wheel, it's ok again. 

This is just for my PC so your mileage may vary, but just putting this out there in case it might help someone down the line. Cheers.
Now I remembered, it was qemu. I'm glad that worked like it should have.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!