Resident Evil 4 Audio and Cutscene lag
To start off, I have 2 MSI GTX 780 Lightnings in SLI with a i7 processor so you don't have to worry about my pc being slow.

Alright time to get down to the serious part. Resident Evil 4 runs silky smooth on the emulator. There are only two problems that I have.

1. Whenever there is a cutscene the framerate drops and the video is very choppy and slow.

2. Sometimes not as often when there are a lot of enemies on the screen or randomly the music just lags a bit or decreases the bitrate down a little.

I want to know are there any settings I can mess with to get those two problems fixed?

If you need screenshots of my settings or a video about any of the two problems don't hesitate to ask me to post them.

Sponsored links

(01-22-2014, 11:11 PM)6010fd12 Wrote: To start off, I have 2 MSI GTX 780 Lightnings in SLI with a i7 processor so you don't have to worry about my pc being slow.

Alright time to get down to the serious part. Resident Evil 4 runs silky smooth on the emulator. There are only two problems that I have.

1. Whenever there is a cutscene the framerate drops and the video is very choppy and slow.

2. Sometimes not as often when there are a lot of enemies on the screen or randomly the music just lags a bit or decreases the bitrate down a little.

I want to know are there any settings I can mess with to get those two problems fixed?

If you need screenshots of my settings or a video about any of the two problems don't hesitate to ask me to post them.

First of all disable SLI for PCSX2.

Please post your settings

Make sure gsdx is using your dedicated graphics card.

Rip your disk and play off that iso if you aren't already doing this.

What exact i7 is it?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(01-22-2014, 11:15 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: First of all disable SLI for PCSX2.

Please post your settings

Make sure gsdx is using your dedicated graphics card.

Rip your disk and play off that iso if you aren't already doing this.

What exact i7 is it?

Alright I'll disable sli and here they are.
I am using an iso and I have an i7-4770k

Also I'm using a ps3 controller that works flawlessly with the game.

Uploading a video for you right now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you can, I'd highly recommend playing Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition and setting the resolution to 1080p. It's gorgeous and I'm pretty sure it'll run better than on PCSX2. You can play it as if you're using a GameCube controller, as well. Plus, it might even look better than the upcoming "HD Ultimate" edition or whatever that's coming out on Steam next month. It seems they're porting the PS2 version, not the original GameCube one, which means it won't have dynamic lighting.
(01-23-2014, 01:47 AM)metalmallow Wrote: If you can, I'd highly recommend playing Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition and setting the resolution to 1080p. It's gorgeous and I'm pretty sure it'll run better than on PCSX2. You can play it as if you're using a GameCube controller, as well. Plus, it might even look better than the upcoming "HD Ultimate" edition or whatever that's coming out on Steam next month. It seems they're porting the PS2 version, not the original GameCube one, which means it won't have dynamic lighting.

Believe me I know, I'm waiting for the HD version to come out and thats why i'm playing the ps2 version.

Also here is the video. It should pop up as 1440p soon but youtube takes a long time to render it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9qNGZurvr0
EDIT: 1440p Smile
I think you're using a weird audio plugin. I've never heard of it. Try SPU2-X. Also, I forgot to mention Dolphin in my last post. It seems that will still be the definitive way to play it unless I'm wrong about the new PC port having dynamic lighting.
6x Native is extremely excessive. I wouldn't put it any higher than 4x native. And as above, use SPU2-X, it is a much better plugin than Peops.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-23-2014, 02:53 AM)metalmallow Wrote: I think you're using a weird audio plugin. I've never heard of it. Try SPU2-X. Also, I forgot to mention Dolphin in my last post. It seems that will still be the definitive way to play it unless I'm wrong about the new PC port having dynamic lighting.

Holy *****, I picked SPU2-X and it fixed the cutscene lag! Thank you so much man you are my hero.
Glad you got it working. Smile
Ok I know this is not a question for PC version of RE4 BUT it is for PS2 version. So here's the question:
I was at chapter 3-2 and I went trough sewers and all those things.... Killed a guy in red robe, got the key to the gallery, solved the ''Six sacrifices'' puzzle, and the moment I like opened the door to enter the next room and it was an upcoming cutscene and the moment I entered the game just stops, I belive it is 'cause of the cutscene, because when I entered in movie browser and I wanted to play the same cutscene (since I was playing in Professional mode and I passed it in Normal mode and it all went perfectly) and nothing, it is just black screen and cutscene is not played at all, but I play all other scenes and they are working just fine, I just don't get why would it stop at that scene? So I was wondering, maybe you guys know answer. Btw this is B!TMAP (a version with hacks for game like infinite health, one hit kill, infinite ammo and bombs, infinite money) so idk if that has any connection with it but I doubt it 'cause it worked fine when I was in normal mode. So can you tell me if I should do something with my PS or is there any kind of settings that I should change. I would really appreciate it if you could help me so I can see if there is anything new when I pass in pro mode. And to continue playing, 'cause i'm bored as hell without my daily dose of RE4. Well there is Warriors Orochi 2 but it's not same. Thanks in advance ^.-