Resident Evil 4 Cheats not working
I have used the cheats from this site: http://cheats.codetwink.com/ps2/view/5450/ to create cheats for Resident Evil 4. I took the three codes I wanted to use, converted them through omniconvert Version 1.0.3 using the input "CodeBreaker V7 Common" (which I believed to be the correct input) then took the out put and used Pcsx2 to convert that into the correct text. I then put them into the file I created called "013E349D.pnach" (yes I unchecked the box for "Hide extensions for knows file types") and put them in like this:

//Infinite Ammo
patch=1,EE,1C8583D4,extended,1456E7A5

Afterwards I made sure that "enable cheats" was checked, then started the game. Going into Mercenarys mode, I checked to see if the three cheats I put in (Infinite ammo, 1-hit death (enemies,) and Max Score) worked, and none of them did. What have I done wrong?

If it would help, here is a file that shows what happens when the cheats are found, and the file of the actual cheats

Attached Files
.txt   New Text Document.txt (Size: 5,61 KB / Downloads: 1.370)
.pnach   013E349D.pnach (Size: 201 bytes / Downloads: 1.884)

Sponsored links

I'm no expert on converting codes but maybe check out this thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Cheats-do-nothing

Someone here had a similar problem and it seems to be fixed.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
The code seems to have been decrypted using incorrect codebreaker version. Try the two, till v6 and then v7+, keep the result with low second digit (the C there is a strong indicator the code is wrong although I'm not sure in all cases).

PS: get the original code again, never try decrypting already "converted" code.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-09-2013, 01:10 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The code seems to have been decrypted using incorrect codebreaker version. Try the two, till v6 and then v7+, keep the result with low second digit (the C there is a strong indicator the code is wrong although I'm not sure in all cases).

PS: get the original code again, never try decrypting already "converted" code.

Okay, so I did that, and now a new problem has arose. When I start up Resident Evil 4, the game goes through the PS2 Start up, and after it says "Playstation 2" in white text with the black background. Then the screen stays black, my mouse arrow switching from the arrow to the rotating circular blue icon indicating that something is loading. Meanwhile, the attached log.txt shows what is happening in the console, but continues to load those two lines (or similar) quickly and constantly until I shut down the entire program, which takes a while to do, because the "... has stopped responding" comes up.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 189,75 KB / Downloads: 537)
Long story made short, the cheat code is wrong for that game version or region.
(04-09-2013, 06:20 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Long story made short, the cheat code is wrong for that game version or region.

Alright, so how do I check which one I need?
(04-09-2013, 08:14 PM)DigitGreen Wrote: Alright, so how do I check which one I need?

The easiest way is looking at the game descriptor, it looks like SLUS_*, SLES_* or something alike. You can find that information at the PCSX2 console log.

Wrong code pokes wrong addresses and can cause nasty memory corruption of all kind.
Isn't CRC easier to search at? Smile
(04-09-2013, 09:28 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The easiest way is looking at the game descriptor, it looks like SLUS_*, SLES_* or something alike. You can find that information at the PCSX2 console log.

Wrong code pokes wrong addresses and can cause nasty memory corruption of all kind.

I think its this: (SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_211.34;1
If so, now what am I looking for?
SLUS is NTSC. North America and Canada.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3