Resident Evil Code: Veronica X PAL internal resolution?
Does anyone know the internal resolution for this game(PAL version)?I wonder if I can scale it(in Direct3D custom resolution) by a factor less than 1,so I can still have the corret aspect ratio but with a lower resolution(lower CPU/GPU usage, I suppose).

For example,if the internal PS2 resolution for this game is 640x576 or 512 x 512, can I set the D3D internal resolution to 320x288 or 256 x 256(scaling the resolution by 0.5 in both examples)?

I searched for a list of native PS2 game resolutions,but couldn't find none.Thank you in advance.

Sponsored links

Don't get me wrong but I think I just bust you:

1.If you had the PAL version of RE:CVX you'd know it's internal resolution.

2.It's kinda obvious that you ask that question so you can know if you can play it at a low-end setup because it's a PAL version (hence 50Hz) before you download it using that trick of 50Hz+lower than native resolution.
Just making an educated guess here, but maybe he goes to fullscreen right from the start and doesn't know that internal resolution is displayed on top of the GSdx window after a few seconds.
If "esc" is hit to change options rather than double clicking or "alt+enter", then the window goes away.
I myself didn't pay any attention to the top of the GSdx window until recently, also, resolution isn't displayed right away, you have to wait for the game to actually start.

So, yes, if you had the PAL version of RE:CVX, you'd just have to check the resolution on top of the GSdx window (no fullscreen). Just wait for a bit for the interlace info, and then it should be displayed top left next to the "GSdx" word. Can't miss it.

And, if you can't do that, well, then I'm afraid that would mean VIRGIN KLM is right and then we can't tell you. Smile
(09-26-2012, 12:55 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Don't get me wrong but I think I just bust you:

1.If you had the PAL version of RE:CVX you'd know it's internal resolution.

2.It's kinda obvious that you ask that question so you can know if you can play it at a low-end setup because it's a PAL version (hence 50Hz) before you download it using that trick of 50Hz+lower than native resolution.

That's a lot of assumptions and we are not the police here. So please kindly stop witch hunting as has been said to you several times before. Next time I will have to issue a warning
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I borrowed the games from my friend, whose sister lives in Spain and buys him PAL games.I asked about REC:VX because it maight work for all the other games from Europe.I tried some NTSC discs(Outbreak and RE4 and they work fine at 60 fps).Never noticed the resolution is displayed on the top of window, as I have always set PCSX2 to fullscreen.Thank you for the info.
You're welcome!