Resident evil 4 - pro mode boulder dash broken
Currently I am running RE4 from the original disk using pcsx2 1.6.0 and using a wireless xbox360 controller.
When doing the boulder dash/sprint on pro mode, there is no way to get past this section. I always used to play it on ps2 and when I did this part on normal mode, (with pcsx2) it felt as difficult as pro mode on ps2. Is there a fix for this particular problem? Or should I try setting something? Any help will rock! Pun intended.

Sponsored links

please note that in PRO mode during bolders event you need to tap a "LOT" of X button than normal.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(02-09-2021, 04:34 PM)Burns Rockworthy Wrote: Currently I am running RE4 from the original disk using pcsx2 1.6.0 and using a wireless xbox360 controller.
When doing the boulder dash/sprint on pro mode, there is no way to get past this section. I always used to play it on ps2 and when I did this part on normal mode, (with pcsx2) it felt as difficult as pro mode on ps2. Is there a fix for this particular problem? Or should I try setting something? Any help will rock! Pun intended.
What about making an ISO from your disc using imgburn?
EDIT: I'm recommending this to prevent lags, but if you are sure about that, so press X exact in the same TIMES the guide(at the bottom of screen while sprinting) is pressing it.
(02-10-2021, 06:05 AM)SeyedAli Wrote: so press X exact in the same TIMES the guide(at the bottom of screen while sprinting) is pressing it.

tapping speed should be faster at the start and only if you see leon's sprinting animation is at it's peak,no need to increase the tapping speed even further all need to wait for the QTE laterafter.

demo:
https://youtu.be/0G340yOrqsU
Just buy a third party ps2 controller with auto fire function like the Hori Anashin 2 Turbo controller, or if you prefer just set a button in your keyboard to X using the Lilypad plugin and set the key's auto turbo press slider into max setting. That'll make your problem go bye bye.
Thanks for all the help. I got it right by tapping slower and a bit longer on the button presses. Almost like a pumping action. As for third party controllers, thats why i play it on an emulator, and not ps2. If i could find a decent controller for my ps2 i would be extatic. The problem is with their analog controls. They do not give a smooth increase from zero to full throttle. It gives a little at first and then suddenly goes full blast. This makes countless games unplayable. I dont mind paying a lot of money for a decent control, but i cant find a decent ps2 compatible wireless controller.
(02-10-2021, 03:54 PM)Buko Pandan Wrote: Just buy a third party ps2 controller with auto fire function like the Hori Anashin 2 Turbo controller, or if you prefer just set a button in your keyboard to X using the Lilypad plugin and set the key's auto turbo press slider into max setting. That'll make your problem go bye bye.

rapid fire mode would slow down leon's sprinting animation speed he would die....it needs a correct tapping speed when he sprints(his animation is important)
(02-11-2021, 01:26 AM)smartstrike Wrote: rapid fire mode would slow down leon's sprinting animation speed he would die....it needs a correct tapping speed when he sprints(his animation is important)

rapid fire would work well whether the emulator slows down or runs in a stable frame rate depends on the input device being used, that's where a third party controller comes in, I'm just holding down the button instead of mashing X like crazy,  with the controller I'm using, game's fps don't matter as it can input 35 to 60 presses per second,  I'm also using the Anashin Turbo controller when I'm playing RE4 on my real PS2 since button mashing sucks and could potentially break my controller's X button...alternatively as I said before, when using a keyboard as an input device, just set the X button on any key and set it's turbo slider to max setting on the Lilypad plugin, it's not guaranteed you can escape the boulder on the first attempt, just use save states before it happens and you can get past it on a normal frame rate...within several tries, Anyway, whatever floats your boat, we have our own preferences, I prefer auto rapid fire style, and you like button tapping so keep up the good work mashing that button till it breaks.