Resolution and FPS
Hi, I just recently downloaded and tried Pcsx2 0.9.6 and I found it runs pretty well with most games. I was wondering if changing the resolution has any affect on the frame rate of a game. If I lower the resolution will some games run faster? Any info would be great, thanks.

My Specs BTW:
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz
4GB RAM
ATi HD Radeon 4650 w/ 512 MB VRAM
Vista Home Premium x64

Sponsored links

Raising the resolution will affect your framerate negatively, yes, since there is more for the emulator to draw. If you check the native checkbox in the GSDx plugin config, the game will run at the PS2's native resolution and will result in a better framerate, but it may look bad when stretched out (ie maximized or fullscreen). I don't really think you want to go below native resolution however, even if you get a boost in FPS, since I imagine that it would look pretty horrendous.

Looking at your specs, I think it should be able to handle above native, though by how much I can't say. Make sure you have Dx10 hardware acceleration enabled since you're running Vista, that will help too.
if you're talking about the resolution option at the top of the gsdx config then no, but when speaking about internal resolution then yea it'll have some impact on speed for weaker graphics cards when you go higher than native Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja