Resolved: [Bug Report] Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies [ NTSC-U]
Uh... ace combat 4 doesn't have the collision problem, that's just ace combat 5 as far as I know.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Okay, didn't realize this wasn't my Ace Combat Tongue2
I uploaded images for all the games , ac zero, ac 4, ac 5 , all screen shots were taking in gsdx software mode with mipmap enabled so the terrain is fixed, I think the problem is these games have different names for the pal / ntsc games so its easy to confuse them Smile, In ace combat zero & 5 setting EE to int mostly just fixes the clouds , in AC 4 it fixes the black sky.

Lets start with
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
First Screenshot is with Emotion Engine set to Recompiler, Second Screenshot is when Emotion Engine is set to Interpreter.
[Image: Jon58.jpg][Image: 6OnaD.jpg]

Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies
First Screenshot is EE Recompiler, Second is EE Interpreter.
[Image: oOze7.jpg][Image: q5UHj.jpg]

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
First Screenshot is EE Recompiler, Second is EE Interpreter.
[Image: QP0pk.jpg][Image: e1Pmn.jpg]

btw I also tried to revert to the release build and it was the same problem, so its safe to exclude svn compiled builds, anyways if its a reproducible bug then great since it could fix other games, if not then it's not really a big deal since this game has other bigger problems then the sky <like no collision in ac0,5) distant terrain corruption with gsdx hw mode, movie playback ..etc
Is it me or do the clouds look better in the interpreted versions? even those where the blue sky works in EE rec? lol
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

It's not you, there's definitely something there (it looks like the clouds layer is missing in all the recompiler screenshots). Hopefully this is a real recompiler bug rather than some silly GIF timing issue. (Or a GS bug which is being masked by an interpreter bug, unlikely but a possibility.)
fixy hacky jobby should be on the buildbot shortly
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

nice work, sky is visible again in r4937/r4935 Smile
Hi guys. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm actually getting quite a few weird bugs in Ace Combat: The Balkan War, though I do know the series is buggy as it is. Enemy planes are... invincible? Firing missiles will go through enemy planes or bounce off if they are homing missiles, and bullets go through enemy planes. On top of that the FMV skips but they are skippable if you spam start. The newest cloud layer fix does appear to work.

I'm using the latest SVN with AVX/GSDX and DX11 Software mode. Sound must be set to asynch. Everything else is default, with all recommended speedhacks enabled. I can post screenshots or settings upon request.

Anything I can do to troubleshoot or further test? I can probably FRAPS it or something.

razym, right now the fmv's in all AC games are broken (some do play a few seconds but ultimately freeze up) both ace combat zero and ace combat 5 suffer the collision bug and I don't think anyone knows why or its to problematic to fix.

right now it looks like Ace Combat 4 is the only playable game that has the least bugs (even in gsdx hardware mode it looks good).
(10-13-2011, 10:45 PM)hyakki Wrote: ace combat zero and ace combat 5 suffer the collision bug and I don't think anyone knows why or its to problematic to fix.

I'm not sure if it helps any, but r4935-r4937 with the VU flag hack enabled causes the same bug in Ace Combat 4. Turning off the flag hack with r4935-r4937 or using other revisions (even with the flag hack on) fixes the collision problem.