Resolved: [Bug Report] Allow 8-bit Texture
Can you try to force disable anisotropic filtering (or any other driver option that might interfere with this)?

Sponsored links

Im not getting the error on KH1 or 2 using nvidia card x3 native
Maybe an Ati driver issue?
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
I had posted a workaround that worked for me a while ago:

(02-21-2012, 11:38 PM)KrossX Wrote: In my case (HD5770) I tend to get some random lines in textures when 8bit texture mode is enabled. And worse, if you're moving it turns into an animated annoyance. But, messing with the HalfTexel helped.

(all three are in native res)
Normal http://i.imgur.com/4Slb6.jpg
8bit Enabled http://i.imgur.com/F3QyW.jpg
8bit + Hack http://i.imgur.com/Flt08.jpg

(tfx.fx, 380ish line, uv = st.xyxy + HalfTexel;)

For that static thing, doing HalfTexel * 4095.0 / 4096.0 was enough. But I would still get this lines on foliage and even character sprites for example. For that to finally disappear, I had to go down to HalfTexel * 4080.0 / 4096.0.

Worth to take a look perhaps? I dunno if anyone else have the same problem though.

#EDIT: Better one.
Code:
(GSRendererDX.cpp, line 304)
ps_cb.HalfTexel = GSVector4(-0.5f + 1.0f/WH.x, 0.5f -1.0f/WH.y).xxyy() / WH.zwzw();
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Well I didn't had any option in the catalyst forced, but nothing I changed there seemed to affect it.

I didn't tried KrossX change yet, but just using HalfPixelOffset, seems to corrected it somehow in Odin Sphere, through had no effect on BT3(fine to me;P small glitch at 2D menu is irrelevant in compare to whole 2D game).

BTW Half Texel = Half Pixel Offset? Or? Couse I'm a bit confused looking at it now, knowing half pixel already was ok for OS at least;p.

Edit: NVM the question, I built it and tested, fixes the DBZBT3 menu AND Odin Sphere without using any hardware hacks, soo I assume half Texel is working all the time^_^. Nice job KrossX<3.
Texel would be a texture pixel, as opposted to a screen pixel or framebuffer pixel I think. This affects the coordinate of the pixel to use from the texture, and it seems there's some off-by-one problem with AMD.

And the Half Pixel Offset works... by chaning general position of frabuffers? No idea really.

If I remember correctly, nullDC had some shader weirdness with Radeons with an off-by-one kind of similar way. And, I think Razi said it was not much of a bug but just a difference in rounding which was not strictly specified to begin with. So, "deal with it" basically.
Now the question - does that fix for AMD breaks it on Nvidia?;P
No idea. I know it worked for me, and that's all I needed to know. =P
Sad if the 2 dominating GPU makers' drivers produce different output.
I thought we were past that already.

Can you guys check if a slightly different magic value fixes the issue?
ps_cb.HalfTexel = GSVector4(-0.5f, 0.5f).xxyy() / WH.zwzw();

Try to make it 0.45 or 0.55.
If you ment changing that fix to:
Code:
ps_cb.HalfTexel = GSVector4(-0.5f + 0.45f/WH.x, 0.5f -0.45f/WH.y).xxyy() / WH.zwzw();
or
Code:
ps_cb.HalfTexel = GSVector4(-0.5f + 0.55f/WH.x, 0.5f -0.55f/WH.y).xxyy() / WH.zwzw();
then both still work fine as the initial +/-1.
I think he means

ps_cb.HalfTexel = GSVector4(-0.5f, 0.5f).xxyy() / WH.zwzw();

to

ps_cb.HalfTexel = GSVector4(-0.45f, 0.45f).xxyy() / WH.zwzw();

#EDIT:
That might be too much of a change me thinks. With a 128x128 texture, just a -0.0078125(-1/WH) was enough, so going to -0.05 seems too much. And with miseru99's last post, even half that was enough.

Quite the annoying hair that messes things up. XD