Resolved: [Bug Report] Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Chaos Bleeds [NTSC-U]
# PCSX2 version: pcsx2-5367-windows-x86 and 1.0.0
# CPU options: Preset 1 - Safest
# Plugins used: # GSdx 5365 (hw&sw, dx9), ZeroGS-r4488, SPU2-X-r5317 or ZeroSPU2 r4949
# Description: Game hangs after about 30 seconds to a minute of gameplay (not cutscenes). Console messages: Vif1: Unknown VifCmd! [12]. The r4600 version works for me. Happens after r4821 according to this I've found here: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Bu...aos_Bleeds

Sponsored links

gif regression... something else cotton went andleft us >.<

edit

Shadow Lady already reported this in the rev 4821 comments, i don't think she created a bug in the tracker though
im gunna beat refraction to it Laugh

try 5368

might fix something, might not
(08-13-2012, 09:19 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: im gunna beat refraction to it Laugh

try 5368

might fix something, might not

Still freezing Sad
ah well, was worth a try

Refraction usually fixes or breaks things worse when he starts tinkering Laugh
its the new GIF Unit causing buffy to die, so youll have to wait ;p

I can stop it crashing, but im just checking what ive found. If i'm right, this could be a mild problem for the new gif unit ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

in the meantime, rewatch the series 6 or 7 times Laugh
(08-13-2012, 09:52 PM)refraction Wrote: its the new GIF Unit causing buffy to die, so youll have to wait ;p

Is this what's breaking the PAL version as well (freezes at title instead)?
Here's a bodged up build so you can at least play the game. Its a complete hack job (hence it not being on the SVN). If you get an assertion error, hit ignore and it'll never bother you again (this is actually where the bug would have hit but it hacks around it)

enjoy, hopefully we can fix it properly at some point. I cannot confirm this will fix the PAL version, but it might.

Attached Files
.7z   pcsx2-devbuffy.7z (Size: 1,68 MB / Downloads: 365)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-13-2012, 10:37 PM)refraction Wrote: Here's a bodged up build so you can at least play the game. Its a complete hack job (hence it not being on the SVN). If you get an assertion error, hit ignore and it'll never bother you again (this is actually where the bug would have hit but it hacks around it)

enjoy, hopefully we can fix it properly at some point. I cannot confirm this will fix the PAL version, but it might.

You guys are awesome! Thanks!
P.S. This works for the PAL version as well.