Resolved: [Bug Report] Disney’s treasure planet, review on beta pcsx2 emulation
Smile 
FOR THOSE WHO SEEK INFO OF EEEPC, EMULATION, RESULTS ON
GAME or BUG's.

Bug Report

problems with the PS2 emulator (pcsx2-r1888 – Sep 20 2009 (VC9)) running 'disney’s treasure planet'

there are also some errors caused/not caused by the emulator

.bmp   problems 1.bmp (Size: 123,85 KB / Downloads: 939) unknown vifcmd's, DMA errors

.bmp   problems 2.bmp (Size: 82,1 KB / Downloads: 813) unknown vifcmd's

.bmp   problems 3.bmp (Size: 82,1 KB / Downloads: 776) unknown vifcmd's

.bmp   problems 4.bmp (Size: 82,1 KB / Downloads: 777) unknown vifcmd's

.bmp   problems 5.bmp (Size: 129,94 KB / Downloads: 749) unknown vifcmd's, DMA errors, Call stock overflow

Options used for Config

Graphics

Resolution: 640x480 60hz
Renderer: Direct3D9(Hardware)
Interlacing(F5): Weave bff(saw-tooth)
Aspect Ratio(F6):4:3

Graphics (D3D enhancements)

D3D internal res: 640x512
Or use Scaling: 1x

Graphics(continued)

Logarithmic Z : enabled
8-bit textures : allowed
Alpha correction (FBA) : enabled
Windowed: check box checked
Sound: All set to default
Bios: USA v01.60 Console (07/02/2002)

Plugins used

Graphics: GSdx 2693 (mSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16
Sound: SPU2-X r2693 1.4.0
First controller: LilyPad svn (r2591) 0.10.0
Second controller: LilyPad svn (r1853) 0.10.0
Cdvdrom: CdvdGigaherz (r2361) 0.8.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.4.0
USB: USBnull Driver 0.7.0
FireWire: FWnull Driver 0.6.0

All other information about the config is set to default if not mentioned

System information

Model: eeepc 1000h
CPU: 1596mhz (1.6Ghz), could be up to 1710mhz (overclock feature) (eeepc super hybrid engine)
Hard drive: 160GB
RAM: 1Gb
Graphics card: intel chipset 945, Graphics memory: vram:64mb physical, graphics memory increases to 224mb with 1gb memory,64mb
if memory is 512mb (windows 7), 128mb (windows xp, although this is technically impossible to accomplish)

Problem
the game hangs, only after the loading screen, after the intro,
the command prompt shows a series of unknown Vifcmd coding
e.g first letter or number of the uknown command,
usually, 4,3 or b which are the only first numbers or letters that
shown to be unknown. DMA errors consist at the start and at the
end of these commands, and after that, the command prompt told
me that there is a Call Stack Overflow.

This is one problem that is posed by the beta, although the Call Stack
Overflow might be related to cache or Ram of my eeepc, even though my Ram equalled to a total of 3.0GB (virtual+ physical) and didn't run out.

SPEEDS ON EEEPC 1000h

The highest fps percentage of the real speed for this game on my system is (53%) although it is known to go over 53%.

The lowest possible fps percentage on my system is about 14%.

movies are at most (33% speed) (intro)

These percentages are only based on what I have seen emulated.

Hope this helps with the creation of the ps2 emulator pcsx2Biggrin

anyone can feel free to reply Happy

For every person, there is always a hidden secracy, fantasy is mearly a creative works of such people. My official nickname is spyone7stars.

Sponsored links

OK, first edit your thread's title to conform to the bug reporting standards. Also remove the poll, this forum is not for things like that.
Did you try other older PCSX2/plugin versions with the game? Did you try changing GS plugin,advanced CPU options?
You could also try the latest SVN revision of PCSX2 (that would be best for us since this could be fixed by now) but since no support or links are given for it you have to either get it from some third party source or compile it yourself.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-23-2010, 01:31 PM)Bositman Wrote: OK, first edit your thread's title to conform to the bug reporting standards. Also remove the poll, this forum is not for things like that.
Did you try other older PCSX2/plugin versions with the game? Did you try changing GS plugin,advanced CPU options?
You could also try the latest SVN revision of PCSX2 (that would be best for us since this could be fixed by now) but since no support or links are given for it you have to either get it from some third party source or compile it yourself.
Firstly, how do I remove the poll from my post? (detailed problems with
emulator running (treasure planet))

secondly, I have tested the older plugins, and also checked CPU options
which unfortunately under my observation, are not the problem here. and I have the latest version of ps2 emulator which is available on the pcsx2 website (this is the latest I am able to get). any of the older gs plugins aren't compatible enough to get past the intro, whereas the latest does (2010 plugins). In Treasure Planet.
This is a info help post for bug reports associated with Emulator coded processing.
For every person, there is always a hidden secracy, fantasy is mearly a creative works of such people. My official nickname is spyone7stars.
Never mind, I'll change it myself.
Yes I am aware you can't get any newer version from here or our site, that's why I suggested 2 other ways to get a newer SVN revision to test the game with.

Quote:This is a info help post for bug reports associated with Emulator coded processing.
Not wanting to sound rude, but this made 0 sense Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-23-2010, 01:48 PM)spyone 2000 Wrote:
(03-23-2010, 01:31 PM)Bositman Wrote: OK, first edit your thread's title to conform to the bug reporting standards. Also remove the poll, this forum is not for things like that.
Firstly, how do I remove the poll from my post? (detailed problems with
emulator running (treasure planet))

secondly, I have tested the older plugins, and also checked CPU options
which unfortunately under my observation, are not the problem here. and I have the latest version of ps2 emulator which is available on the pcsx2 website (this is the latest I am able to get). any of the older gs plugins aren't compatible enough to get past the intro, whereas the latest does (2010 plugins). In Treasure Planet.
This is a info help post for bug reports associated with Emulator coded processing.
Lol,Bositman, It really is nonsense, LOL
Why did I say that <<<<<(p.s this question didn't need to be answered)
you can reply Laugh
Game requires EE Timing hack gamefix, which has already been included in the Gameindex file.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.