Resolved: [Bug Report] Final Fantasy XII [NTSC/PAL]
Update: I have just ran some tests on my Win7 install with DX10 and FFXII original and FFXII Zodiac Job System and this bug is there, so this leads me to believe it's actually a bug Laugh

Hey there, I suppose I have a bug to report, but don't kick me in the stomach if it's not. There are many people reporting this issue on the board, but I haven't seen it on the reports as of yet.

It's best pictured in the video made by the Breadfan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXSNGjgq4...r_embedded

Skip to about 3:30, where he goes to eastersand. Watch as he fights these few mobs, notice that sometimes game 'skips' some milliseconds forward or stutters a bit. I've run sereval tests at:

C2D E6400 2.13 Stock and OCed to 3.29
3GB Ram
GF 8800GT 1GB

PCSX2 used 0.9.6 and svn 812 build.
0.1.7 and 0.1.14 GSDX/Native res/Software mode, all combinations
SPU2-X via XAudio or NoSound
LillyPad 0.9.10
LinuzIso 0.8.0
everything else is standard nulls

* Without any of the speedhacks or with all the speedhacks enabled.

* Even turned on all the options in the "Advanced" tab, set EE and VU to different values (also I think that if you set EE and VU(or maybe just EE) to Negative the game will hang as soon as you try to land a blow), and disabled all of them.

Problem: Well, this brief skipping/stuttering just remains. Happens everytime you go into the field with mobs, not necessarily when you battle anyone, but occurs the most during these swings and blows.

Perhaps you would look into that. Thanks Smile

P.S.> There are more reports of the same thing here http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5026-page-4.html
P.P.S.> Just tested and it seems to occur in 0.9.4 also

Sponsored links

Have you turned all the speed hacks off? or on for that matter
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Ref, I think he meant the bug appears in both cases speed hacks ON and OFF
yeah it does, i experience the same thing with most if not all combinations of plugin, it seems to be centred around certain graphical effects or sounds, i notice the noise of drawing a sword, target lines, the sparks from a sword/blade making contact with the enemy and accessing the in battle menu seems to cause the stutters. for anyone who has the same issue, correct me if im wrong.
(03-21-2009, 08:33 PM)refraction Wrote: Have you turned all the speed hacks off? or on for that matter

Just as redlof pointed out I tried it with all off and all on and even tried it with turning on just each one specific hack - it's all the same.
This issue is very old, yes it happens and it is not only on windows 7. Sometimes in battle when attacking the enemy the game simply give some "hiccups". I noticed that a few months ago, but I never bothered reporting it. But you're right. It happens.

Anyway I want to take the chance and report a problem with Basch's Mist quickening "Flame Purge". I don't know the reason but this is the only Mist quickening where Pcsx2 gets really slow and choppy, whenever it is performed.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

There is some weird stuff going on in Final Fantasy 12 opening FMV (Pal). Don't know when it started, it's happening on r.1134 right now................

The screen keeps blinking with those "lines" as the above pic shows.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

(03-21-2009, 02:20 AM)Cain Wrote: Update: I have just ran some tests on my Win7 install with DX10 and FFXII original and FFXII Zodiac Job System and this bug is there, so this leads me to believe it's actually a bug Laugh

Hey there, I suppose I have a bug to report, but don't kick me in the stomach if it's not. There are many people reporting this issue on the board, but I haven't seen it on the reports as of yet.

It's best pictured in the video made by the Breadfan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXSNGjgq4...r_embedded

Skip to about 3:30, where he goes to eastersand. Watch as he fights these few mobs, notice that sometimes game 'skips' some milliseconds forward or stutters a bit. I've run sereval tests at:

C2D E6400 2.13 Stock and OCed to 3.29
3GB Ram
GF 8800GT 1GB

PCSX2 used 0.9.6 and svn 812 build.
0.1.7 and 0.1.14 GSDX/Native res/Software mode, all combinations
SPU2-X via XAudio or NoSound
LillyPad 0.9.10
LinuzIso 0.8.0
everything else is standard nulls

* Without any of the speedhacks or with all the speedhacks enabled.

* Even turned on all the options in the "Advanced" tab, set EE and VU to different values (also I think that if you set EE and VU(or maybe just EE) to Negative the game will hang as soon as you try to land a blow), and disabled all of them.

Problem: Well, this brief skipping/stuttering just remains. Happens everytime you go into the field with mobs, not necessarily when you battle anyone, but occurs the most during these swings and blows.

Perhaps you would look into that. Thanks Smile

P.S.> There are more reports of the same thing here http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5026-page-4.html
P.P.S.> Just tested and it seems to occur in 0.9.4 also

Right now i am testing the latest beta and is working perfect, this problem is gone, the game have 0 problems, dont know if this version was maded for address this issue.

AMD phenom 9950 x4 2.6Ghz@3ghz
8 Gb ram ddr2 800mhz ocz
Ati 4870 XOC diammond (this one come with the clock at 795 mhz and 1100 mhz memory).

pcsx2-r1136

(1147 is out i will test it in a moment)

i use SPU2ghz by the way, it run perfect.
Unfortunately, no. It's still there, highly reduced though. Occurs much more rarely now.
Still does it? Well, we fixed the main issue that twas causing this (recompiler reset when it didn't have to), so anything you still get is prolly a needed reset..