Resolved: Bug Report - Frame limiter weirdness in OGL/ MSAA broken in OGL
[Bug Report] OGL Renderer turbo not working / MSAA broken

# PCSX2 version: PCSX2 1.3.0 latest
# CPU options: Irrelevant
# Plugins used: Standard GSdx, SPU2x, lilypad
# Description:

Turbo and Frame limiter off modes are partially broken in OGL HW.

This is how it works:

With default settings, I get a solid 60 in the games I tested, without even coming close to maxing my hardware. However pressing TAB or F4 does not lift the cap - it still stays at 60.

But here is where it gets weird: If I enable MSAA it starts working normally. Both Turbo and Frame limiter off lift the cap as they should and I get 120 FPS with Turbo and ~141 with Frame limiter off.

But it's not consistent - sometimes it works on it's own. I can't produce steps that always reproduce the issue. Sometimes enabling HW hacks will fix it. Sometimes enabling MSAA will fix it. Sometimes it fixes itself.

Second - MSAA does not appear to work in OGL HW mode. This may be known, IDK, but I tested it across a few games and it doesn't.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

OpenGL's turbo and frame limiter did not work in much older builds, then they started working when Gregory started working on OpenGL - the build in the GSdx 1.0 thread - . So either it is a very recent regression, or the build in the GSdx 1.0 thread is the only one that works.
Msaa isn't implemented in gl backend
Yeah I get the same issue.
<REDACTED>
Turbo and framelimiter works fine for me in Opengl (hardware mode). ( on a version compiled on April 15 also on a build compiled on late june)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
just a review of the report,

1/ OGL Renderer turbo not working - It works well on the Latest development build and a couple of older versions which I had tested. probably some old regression ?

2/ Gregory mentioned earlier that MSAA is not a supported feature on Opengl yet, It might be implemented on the future.

since the Initial problem was solved moving this to resolved subforum.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction