Resolved: [Bug Report] Gran Turismo 3 [PAL]
(05-06-2010, 11:44 PM)pedrosilvaa Wrote: I don't think it's a good idea to revive +1 years old threads. And you shouldn't be reporting bugs used in non-supported builds (0.9.7). Try the latest official beta (r.1888) and then you can give us some feedback Tongue

Dude, first of all, as is stated in rules of bug reporting section, this post is not addresed for you or anyone who doesn't have even bit of idea how pcsx2 works. And second, which is best confirmation of your little knowledge about pcsx2, official beta is exactly beta revision 1888 of pcsx2 0.9.7

Reason why I've posted here is that I suppose theese tracks in GT3 got some graphic effects that are not correctly emulated by pcsx2. Maybe this post will help a bit to find why it doesn't work.

[Edit] I think that it's lighting in theese tracks that causes the bug. Pcsx2 is not emulating correctly some lights effects.
AMD Phenom II 550 Black Edition @3.8GHz
4GB DDR2 1066MHz CL5-5-5-15
ASUS Radeon EAH4770 Formula 512MB DDR5

Sponsored links

Atm GT3 PAL is kinda playable ( 0.9.7 r 3244) u can finish all license test with gsdx set to software mode on, yes fps rate will be awesome ;d around 20 ;d but u can finish all testes and all races that wasent working in normal way ;p And there are many many more tracks that are working just fine on hardware mode with almost 100% speed, then they was on previous emu versions;d
That's very nice that u've reminded us this game, there is at least one more track that won't work in hardware mode - it's Thaiti Maze or something like that. Basically about half of this game is not working in hardware mode so it's completely unplayable for everyone that don't recognize 20 fps as playable.
(05-07-2010, 01:15 AM)midlothian Wrote: Dude, first of all, as is stated in rules of bug reporting section, this post is not addresed for you or anyone who doesn't have even bit of idea how pcsx2 works. And second, which is best confirmation of your little knowledge about pcsx2, official beta is exactly beta revision 1888 of pcsx2 0.9.7

From what I've seen of your posts (and yes, I've searched them) you have have no room to talk about knowing how PCSX2 works, considering you continually say that 0.9.6 is faster than 0.9.7 when 0.9.7 is leaps and bounds over 0.9.6 (thank you pcsx2 team, keep up the great work)

As for beta 1888, it was rev 1888 of 0.9.6 The 0.9.7 beta is the new one 3113/3117 (number could be wrong, I don't use it)
Note that GT3 on software mode is more around the 32-40 fps mark on average. It does lower on some stages (the city tracks for example) but thats the average I got when it was needed due to garbled graphics.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
That is the point. Theese tracks that doesn't work in hardware mode are all from "20fps average" bunch. Rest that are faster you can run in hardware mode fullspeed.
Whenever I tried to start a race in GT3 pcsx2 crashed. I've tried several tracks,
over and over again, all crashed. I've searched the whole forums but nothing worked
for me. But after an hour or so, tweaking and messing with the options in pcsx2 I've finally found
a way arround this!

Now what I did is that I changed the internal resolution in the gsdx plugin
to 640x480 and voila, no more crashes! So if you're having the same problem
try this one out, it might work for you aswell.

I'm still having the garbled gfx issue thought. Out of the three first licences that I tried(domestic B,domestic A and International A) I had this issue in 1 test(B-8 or A-8,don't remember well) and 2 tracks so far.
I confirm the bug above even in my version, 0.9.7.3876m
The odd thing I noticed yesterday was that the bug seems to be related to AMD CPU, since a friend of mine with a Core2 Quad 6600 and an nvidia card GeForce GTX 275 seems to be able to play with that very same version and the GSdx9 plugin in Direct3D9 Hardware mode. Tried with mountain track.
Bear with me for being a total n00b. Forgive if the question has already been posted, but why would the game run only in software mode, while the replay of the very same game would run even in hardware? I just completed a run on Trial Mountain in software mode. Them, simply out of curiosity, when the replay started I tried to enable hardware rendering (Direct3D 11 mode) and to my surprise, the replay went just fine.
After the replay session, when I tried to start the replay again, the emu became unresponsive, and I had to terminate the task.

Any insight?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's not the same scene, it's a replay of it from different angles and does some other different rendering... basically... it's not the same Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64