Resolved: [Bug Report] Gran Turismo 4 [PAL-E] Two new issues
Hello dear PCSX2-Team,

i found new issues in this game this time that have not been reported yet. There are two new different issues. The first one is the newest/latest - a graphical issue. I hope that for the description the two pictures in the attachment are sufficient. This issue is almost always displayed. No matter where you are. It dose not matter what settings you use and whether you enable or disable cheats.

Game: Gran Turismo 4 [PAL-E] (SCES_517.19 / CRC = 44A61C8F)
First affected PCSX2-Version: v1.7.2156 (also displayed in the emulator as v1.7.2156) and above
Last working PCSX2-Version: v1.7.2154 (in the emulator itself it is displayed as PCSX2 v 1.7.2153-2-g013c9072b9) and below

Left image: Software mode
Right image: Upscaled hardware mode (remember, dose not matter which settings you use)

And the second issue is a kind of performance issue. If you use the hardware mode and play at 2x native resolution or higher and you are in the selection of the cars, the fps drops down to around 33 fps. This problem does not exist in software mode. However, for the hardware mode there is a funny workaround. Just press ESC to close the emulator window and press ESC again to open the emulator window again and everything seems to be back to normal. Nevertheless, here are the exacter details.

Game: Gran Turismo 4 [PAL-E] (SCES_517.19 / CRC = 44A61C8F)
First affected PCSX2-Version: v1.7.2145 (also displayed in the emulator as v1.7.2145) and above
Last working PCSX2-Version: v1.7.2144 (also displayed in the emulator as v1.7.2144) and below

The performance problem has been going on for a while, but it has not been as noticeable as it is now. Good luck again! Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Okay, the first problem is fixed since v1.7.2161. Maybe i am sometimes too hasty for the bug reports. You really know your work. Laugh
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go