Resolved: [Bug Report] Gran Turismo 4 [PAL]
Nevermind missunderstood the last post. Silly forum not letting me delete my own posts.
Old habits die hard - System Shock

Sponsored links

(12-16-2008, 05:48 AM)icemann Wrote: Nevermind missunderstood the last post. Silly forum not letting me delete my own posts.

did i say something wrong?Biggrin
(12-16-2008, 08:19 AM)standrs Wrote: did i say something wrong?Biggrin

Not at all. I thought you had asked if Gran Turismo 4 ran any different in the latest playground versions incomparison to how it ran prior to playground being in existance, which I had posted to say that no it runs exactly the same. But then after posting realised what you`d actually said, but the forum doesn`t let people delete posts so I couldn`t delete it.
(12-16-2008, 01:12 AM)standrs Wrote: so i tried the 0.9.5 svn377, in order to say i tried everything... i was quite surprised to see that it as no ingame artefact on tsubaka. But (there is always a but), it is very unstable in the menu and it is also a bit slower (with hacks on): -2/-5fps. just like the pg version it hangs sometimes during the race.

so playground introduces some garbage during the races, thats not present in 9.5 svn 377?

well the problem is, the same thing thats fixing menus, is probably making the extra garbage in the race.

but i can try debugging that game some more tomorrow to see if i can find a way to get no-garbage in the races + fixed menus.
that would certainely be great, here are the screens:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i did some debugging.
i know how to fix the problems in that track with a gamefix; but we'll get back the corrupt menus in the beginning of the game (where it says normal/reverse)

there might be a way to fix it w/o a gamefix hack, i'm going to try coding some stuff to see if it works.
if not, i'll just make a gamefix for it, so that the tracks don't show garbage anymore.
The big question is whether you guys can discover the source of the main crash with that game. I`m sure its gsdx related, but I could very well be wrong. If that game stopped crashing I`d be a very happy person indeed.

Though seeing the garbage textures fixed would be great as well.
my copy of the game doesn't seem to work with pcsx2 for some reason.
i talked to someone else with the game, and his version doesn't work either.
it seems there's a version of GT4 that doesn't work with pcsx2 (unless i need some skip-video patch or something that i don't know about Ohmy)

anyways i had to get a working dump from someone, and it lets me play 1 track for a little-bit (the track standrs posted pics of).
eventually it crashes, and the graphics get all distorted; i think its a GSdx problem (as i've seen a similar thing happen in another game)
Try an earlier version of gsdx (0.1.9 I think). I used to be able to get close to a lap done in some of the races prior to version update. Ever since then not been able to play it.

Oh also nearly forgot. GT4 is one of the rare games that needs both of the overflow checks to be greyed inorder to be able to proceed past the first screen. Without those greyed you wont be able to see any of the game menus.
you only need the VU overflow greyed; fpu overflow has to be unchecked or greyed.

the problem with my copy isn't that though; it doesn't even work on official builds for some reason.
it hangs right before going into the title-menus.