Resolved: [Bug Report] Gran Turismo 4 [PAL]
Hmm thats weird the game doesn`t work for me either now, no matter what speedhacks I tick, grey or untick.

The game last worked in playground r441. I just tested it on r449 and it doesn`t work. Completely black screen. I`ll put a issue topic up on the playground site.
Old habits die hard - System Shock

Sponsored links

r448 breaks my dump (hangs at the intro-movie)
the ones before r448 worked.

is this the same problem you're experiencing?
If thats a black screen then yes. Game completely freezes.
(12-12-2008, 08:54 PM)Krakatos Wrote: And you did well in starting one. We are aware of the problem, and we know a solution. At least, a solution for the NTSC version. I can't test because of that, but since the problem is identical in the ntsc version I am supposing it will work for PAL too.

We will keep this thread as a note to remember us the problem, AND I will post the workaround here now, so you people can hopefully play Smile

You can keep all the options in the cpu dialogue on. MTGS; vurecs, everything.
Go to speed hacks, select "nothing"
Then click exactly 2 times on the "Disable Vu Overflow Checks" hack. It's the first one. You will notice that you get a grey tick. If you read the description,you'll see that means extra overflow checks. With these on, the game works as it did before.

If you want to enable more speedhacks then, try adding them one by one, I frankly didn't try so I don't know what will work.

Let me know if this fix works in the PAL version too Smile

Unfortunately it didn't work for my PAL version of the game. Is there any other fix for the problem? It just hangs after the "Sony Computer Entertainment" screen, just before it loads the memory card.[/font]
my personal solution to crash is loading state. once i'm in the main menu (whatever setting), i save. When i tweak the setting press f3 then go directly ingame or in the menu. for some reason the boot of the game isn't very reliable. but once you're in you're in.

i have pal version
i checked again unable all speed hack but the first and it should work (ntsc + pal version). once done save with f1 enable the necessary speed hacks and load with f3 before the intro video starts.

i noticed the pal version works better than the ntsc one because it is 50fps at full speed instead of 60 in the ntsc version. thus the ntsc version is far from being playable for me.
Well, I done something more easier. I only went to options of the game,and then set to never show intro movie and saved the game =)
This way it always skip the intro movie. The auto-load need to be activated.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @2.2Ghz 754 Newcastle/ASUS K8V-X/GeForce FX 5500 256MB AGP-8X Downclocked/Seagate Sata2 250GB/512MB DDR-400

[Image: psyalemao.jpg]
Well the bug wasn`t there before, which is what the point is. Something in r448`s new code broke the movie. Hoping that a fix is released for the game to work again soon or a reverting of the code back to r447.
icemann, the code from r448 supposedly fixed tales of the abyss for good now.
so the question is why its breaking this game... (was r448 wrong, or were the revisions before that wrong, and it worked before just by chance)
anyways i haven't looked at the code in detail yet, i'll try and see if theres a solution for it.

also, my latest update (r462) fixes the graphic corruption in the tracks.
so once we fix the problem from r448, the game won't have the garbage in the races.
(or you can just load a saved state, and see the fix for yourself Tongue2)
Very true Smile. Though I`ve not really been using savestates much due to the no sound issues that were occuring back when I tried it ages ago. That said that issue probably got fixed.

I wonder if the garbage fix will fix the crashing bug. I`ll have to wait till the games properly working again since I dont have a savestate for the game.