Resolved: [Bug Report] Growlanser II [NTSC]
aka Growlanser Generations [Growlanser II on Generations CD]

# Playground version: official playground release 1.0.0395
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS off [changes make no diff]
# plugins used: GSdx 872m .1.12, SPU2ghz Playground 1.9.0, Linuzappz ISO .7 [changes make no diff]

# Description

Two bugs that may be the same bug. It is also impossible to save the game, which causes a game freeze.

The second way to trigger a game freeze is this. This is a bug that takes a little play to get into, you have to play through several of the beginning missions until the mission to go to North Rottembaum Village. This is the mission where random encounters are finally activated on the main map, which will trigger a game freeze, as well as visiting the village on the map, preventing further gameplay.

This bug was present in PSX2 as well as the latest version of Pcsx2 Pg v1.0.0395.

It is present regardless of different CD-ROM, Video, and Sound plugins.

Sponsored links

Please read this thread next time
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2318.html

We have a template for bug reports in there, and a link to an example bug report too. It would be better if you edited your post to match that template. An the title too, you don't say if it's NTSC or PAL Smile ...
Further information. . North American release, so NTSC,

CPU settings changed have no effect, so can be any. Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks for pointing out the template!
Thanks for the report, hopefully it will be useful Tongue
I too have Growlanser 2, but a different version. The growlanser generations cd version. In my case it'seven worse, the game freezes on boot XD
Yes, I love the series, it's a shame they're so troublesome. I have Growlanser III too, and it has a freeze up problem as well soon into the game, when you try to enter the first village. It may well be the same problem as here.

I'd love to see them both running.
same as me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mobo: BIOSTAR TH67+
CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz
RAM: G-Skill(Ripjaws-X) 4GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800
VGA: Sapphire ARCTIC COOLING HD 5670 1GB
Sigh, same prob here too.
also, sometimes it freezes just before the mission complete comes up for me
Saving
Sometimes when wolfgang casts soul force for the first time if i don't skip the animation

# Playground version: Pcsx2_Pg_1.0.0395
# Plugins used: Graphics: ZeroGS 0.97.1 Sound: P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
CD: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin rest: default
# Description of the bug and of how to replicate it: I believe it crashes when a random battle occurs. Same error happens in both Glowlanser 2 and 3 (Glowlanser Generations)
G2: Trying to go Rottembaum Village, which i think triggers a random battle
G3: just walk around then encountering a random battle
# If necessary, attach a screenshot and/or a memcard to help us replicate the bug
Glow #2
[Image: G2.jpg]
Glow #3
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/I...008/G3.jpg
I just want to note that this bug is still present in the latest version, 0.9.6

It's a difficult one to get to, as due to memory card access not working and save states not being compatible between versions, one has to replay the beginning just to get to the bug where it freezes on the map.
I compiled the latest version from svn in a 32-bit chroot on Kubuntu 9.04. I was able to save the game in the menu, which previously locked up the game. However, it still froze on random battles, on Wolfgang's first spell, and it introduced a new graphical glitch where some of the character portraits seemed to have corrupted video memory. Swapping graphics plugins did not change this, and since I only changed PCSX2 I assume it is something with the emulator(which is reasonably since I pulled it out of svn).

However, the fact that you can now save your game is progress. All of the other lockups seem to be graphics-related - random battles occur with a "flash", Wolfgang has an FMV that it supposed to play, etc. All of the lockups aren't lockups in PCSX2 itself, but look like a deadlock issue within the game, since some things will stay animated.

Quote:Thanks for the report, hopefully it will be useful Tongue
I too have Growlanser 2, but a different version. The growlanser generations cd version. In my case it'seven worse, the game freezes on boot XD

It sporadically locks up near the beginning. Sometimes you'll get lucky and it'll let you in, and other times it'll lock up.
Hey guys I registered here just to post this.

Someone earlier in the thread said the game (growlanser generations::growlanserII) froze right before "mission complete" came up when you finished the first mission. I was able to get past this one by changing to another sound plugin that didn't work. I don't know if not having to load sound allowed me to pass that point but hope this helps someone.