Resolved: [Bug Report] Growlanser II [NTSC]
nm guys I think it was because I turned off auto-save, thats prob why it worked since the game was trying to save at the end of battle and it freezes on save.

I don't know why on the main site it said this game was fully working on the compatibility list. Its obviously impossible to finish with all these unavoidable freezes. They should change the compatibility list if these bugs are already know.

Sponsored links

it may be worth it to rename this growlanser generations, as the same problems seem to appear in both 2 and 3. have a feeling they'll be fixed the same way too.
Considering no one's replied here yet in a few months, I can only assume a fix has not been released? @_@ That sucks! Oh wells, I can wait until the powers at be here at PCSX2 get some freetime (and holiday cheer!)
too bad, too bad, i really wanted to use the savestate system with this game
That's the 'press f1, then press f3' a bunch of times strategy? Yeah, I tried that too. I also tried moving around the map, banking on the 'random' part of random battles, but no dice; looks like the battles at N. Rottenbaum and W. Clain Village aren't so random -_-

Also tried the .elf system, using the latest beta build of PCSX2, and nada...

I was hoping there's a 'no random battle' cheat code somewhere >_> but haven't found one <_<
Yes, the Compatibility guide should definitely be fixed to say 'ingame' and not 'playable' since while you can play through the very beginning, you're stopped dead in your tracks once you're outside of the introductory sequences.
We finally found and fixed the random battle hang.
Fixed on the svn since rev 2954 Smile
(05-06-2010, 03:02 AM)rama Wrote: We finally found and fixed the random battle hang.
Fixed on the svn since rev 2954 Smile

Oh really? But I'd have to compile that revision myself, or is that included if I download the installer again from your main website?? Blink

Thanks for all the hard work!
You can compile it yourself from google code, or just wait for the next official release Smile
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
(05-10-2010, 01:03 PM)pedrosilvaa Wrote: You can compile it yourself from google code, or just wait for the next official release Smile

hehehe, I'll wait! ^^ thanks for all the awesome work, pcsx2 team!