Resolved: [Bug Report] Haunting Ground [NTSC-U]
PCSX2 version: Nightly 1.7.4368
CPU Options: EE/IOP Defaults, VUs defaults
Plugins used: Vulkan, Direct 3D11, Direct 3D12
Description: Glitch that appears at the starting area but disappears after reaching the first set of stairs.

Sponsored links

In the graphics settings try „CPU Sprite Render Size: 4 (256 Max Width)” -> „Sprites/Triangles” and „Texture Inside RT: Inside Target”. However, this is only a workaround and not the right solution. I do not know if this method causes other graphics problems, but this is how i was able to solve the said problem. Good luck! Smile
Okay the first workaround causes problems with Fiona's body shadow. The safest workaround is to switch to software mode and then back to hardware mode. Forget the first one. Laugh
Hi it happens in the PAL version too heres is juancho full report (the creator of the hd textures pack) seems the workaround dont really fix it and brings more issues:

Warning: the nightly build 1.7.4296 is the last one working well, the 1.7.4297 and new adds a bug in the gameDemento_SLPM-65913_20230331121021.png
This appears over the screen in all versions in various rooms of the game, so, if anyone want to tell to the devs thanks, the GS/HW: Texture cache refactoring broke the game

PARTIAL SOLUTION: Alternative fix for this: change ingame your backend to software and back to the hardware one, boom! the garbage dissapears til emu shutdown, be sure to use max blending on DX backends or the game gets darker.

NEW INFO UPDATE: Sorry , its impossible to me finshing the 1.3 pack in this situation, The emu still keep this game broken in some way, its not only the garbage appearing in some rooms, some of them not dissappear even with the trick of switching the backend. And the texture dumping, there is a random inventory and items generation, the dump generates the same textures in a uncertain number of rooms and change, generating a massive duplicates and i not sure if its endless. This must be solved first to give you a proper completed pack. in the meantime, if you want to play without *****, just play the older version with an older emu. Sorry people, i cant do more for now.

Hope it get solved soon since its a big issue for this game.
We're fully aware this happens, we'll fix it soon.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

How this fix is going? Any news? Thanks.
No news right now, we'll get around to it though, I promise Tongue

You just have to press F9 twice for now.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I heard a new version of the ps2 emulator is out, I wonder if this will fix the haunting ground game's problems
(06-11-2023, 05:48 PM)Origami Wrote: I heard a new version of the ps2 emulator is out, I wonder if this will fix the haunting ground game's problems

try and report
(a hint : no)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I didn't have a chance to try because of my job, but you say no then I have no choice but to wait.