Resolved: [Bug Report] Itadaki Street 3 [NTSC-J]
# PCSX2 version: Official v1.4.0 release
# CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults (tested with and without speedhacks)
# Plugins used: GSdx sse3 1.1.0, 20160904194131, Lilypad .11.0, spu2-x 2.0 (pretty much the defaults, though I did try switchign around various hardware/software/DX modes)
# Description: Text on menu and windows are so faint, they're practically invisible.

[Image: q5Oeeaf.png]

If you lean forward and squint you can see the text.

Also including GS dump
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fg5ne4fkf5...6212009.gs

I did search and found a really old thread in the Windows support forum, but it was from 2013 and thought you guys would appreciate a properly formatted bug report thread here. If I did something wrong, I apologize in advance.

Sponsored links

gave latest git a try ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Download the latest dev build here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Downloaded 2.5.0 dev 2354. The latest as of this post. No change (tried both Hardware and Software and disabled Speed hacks)
Sorry for the double post, but I have an update. Tried the latest nightly. Still no difference.

BUT!

Seeing posts about people having better luck with older versions of PCSX2 and the ZeroGS plugin for certain games, thought it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. So I downloaded pcsx2 1.0 with ZeroGS KOSMOS .97.1 and it works right out of the box. So now we know it's definitely a plugin issue. Now who can I talk to so that this can be fixed for newer versions of PCSX2?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you also check older versions of GSdx if they also work ? It could be a regression.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(06-03-2018, 01:00 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Can you also check older versions of GSdx if they also work ? It could be a regression.

Well, I tried the version included with both PCSX2 1.0 as well as version 1.2.1 (GSDX .1.16) and I even downloaded .1.14. Same result. Is there a version I should try?
0.9.4, 0.9.6, 0.9.8
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(06-03-2018, 08:32 PM)lightningterror Wrote: 0.9.4, 0.9.6, 0.9.8

.9.4 can't seem to get past the Enix splashscreen, while the other two are practically the same result as later versions. Made sure to try in both Hardware and Software mode.

Also from spending a little more time with it, the game seems to have trouble loading character dialog screens (said by the AI between turns) They'll show for maybe a split second and then disappear. There's a lot of strange lag between these moments too. Looking at original hardware footage (yeah I admit, I have no experience playing the game on original hardware, I grabbed the game because I'm a big Fortune Street fan), it seems the Shop Value/Price markers are missing too.

Not sure if it's something wrong with my copy of the game. I just ordered a new copy off ebay to be sure, but from this footage, I don't think it's just me:

https://youtu.be/lt6jLD-sr_o?t=146
So uhh, is it okay to bump this? I thought I'd try the LATEST nightly build and I'm STILL getting the same thing.