Resolved: [Bug Report] Mana Khemia [NTSC]
# Playground version
svn 477

# Cpu options selected
all on (EE rec turned off solves it but is slow...)

# Plugins used
GSDX 0.1.12
Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0
SPU2Ghz Playground
LilyPad 0.9.4

# Description of the bug and of how to replicate it
Game hangs if you go to the world map not if you're on it...

so save before going off the campus turn EE rec OFF load
go of the campus in the world map save again turn EE rec on again and you can load on the world map and go anywhere
one has to use this "workaround" every time one wants to go to the world map

on the official pcsx it's the same

I know this bug is known I just wanted to state that it's still there
and maybe someone can tell me what causes it
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm

Sponsored links

thats not the only problem, memory card doesn't work well, and image is cut in half with right side of image in the left and left side of the image in the right, intro is fixed before it didn't work well, the music in the intro is awesome make me remenber of the excelent music of anime evangelion.
Its still playable and maybe because of that i think there wasn't much focus in this game and from what i have seen in posts memcard is where there is the least information available for pcsx2 ppl to work on.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
Sone of this issue would be fixed if you use ZeroGS instead GSDX.
Yes memcard support is quite frankly one of the two the worst issues we have as there are no official documents and it's a reverse engineering work.
However, any report is still valuable, as it gives us a list of games to try once we try to tackle the problem.

As such, thanks for the report, there are no fixes for what you report that I am knowledgeable about, but the report is still useful Smile
The part where you try to get to the world map doesn't seem to be a mem card problem, at least, I can try to save elsewhere in the game and it doesn't hang even if it fails to save properly.

I wonder if a game specific patch could fix the EE rec problem?
Tried the game without hacks and experimenting with rounding modes. No way not to experience those issues. It's definitively not playable yet.
(12-21-2008, 07:28 AM)matsuri Wrote: Tried the game without hacks and experimenting with rounding modes. No way not to experience those issues. It's definitively not playable yet.

but it is playable....
playable means you can get through the game!
and you can... you only have to turn EE rec off every time you wan't on the world map xD
Chicken is not Vegan?

(12-21-2008, 08:23 AM)kabooz Wrote:
(12-21-2008, 07:28 AM)matsuri Wrote: Tried the game without hacks and experimenting with rounding modes. No way not to experience those issues. It's definitively not playable yet.

but it is playable....
playable means you can get through the game!
and you can... you only have to turn EE rec off every time you wan't on the world map xD
You gotta be kidding xDD

And even then, there'd be all the other issues (missing gfx or badly positioned here and there).

If hell existed, it'd be something not unlike this Tongue
*head shake* nope i played it yesterday and i plan to play it tomorrow ^^ i'm only at chapter two though ^^ week 6
and i didn't... oh wait at the synthesis screen ... there's missing texture.... the picture but you can save and load with the savestates then the picture ist there again^^
Chicken is not Vegan?

I've been playing it this way, though it certainly is a pain to have to restart the emulator twice every time you go out. . I guess that's what desperation for a good game does to you. O.o