Resolved: [Bug Report] Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix [PAL-E] crashes during hard collisions
Hello again dear PCSX2-Team,

yes, it is me again in this short period of time, but i have found another bug in another game. Here the correct informations (the rest is in my description):

Game: Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix [PAL-E] (SLES_537.17 / CRC = 208183AF)
PCSX2-Version: PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.2133

In this game, crashes occur regularly when you have harder collisions with buildings or vehicles. Sometimes it will crash randomly, but it crashes always at harder collisions. In the software mode, there are no crashes at all default and/or custom settings. This only happens in hardware mode with all the default and/or custom settings. If you need a GSDump again, i uploaded it in advance. I hope the multi-frame GSDump succeeded, because the emulator also crashes when the ingame crash happens.

The multi-frame GSDump: https://www.file-upload.net/download-147...e.rar.html

I am very grateful for the quick responses and actions so far. Compliments!  Cool

Sponsored links

can you please make a proper bug report ?
thanks by advance
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hello jesalvein,

yes, in the future i will be more careful where i create my reports. Thank you for changing the topic. Hope all is well again. Greetings! Smile
it's fine.

Just edit the OP according to this post and i shall move it back
Done. Please also check this bug report of mine. I have edited this one as well:

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repo...effect-bug
can you run the game until the crash then post your emulog.txt here please.

since you're on a development build it should be in the logs folder where your pcsx2 is located.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Of course i can. It is attached. Maybe the harder collision-crashes are related to the random crashes that sometimes happen? Only you can determine that.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 8,46 KB / Downloads: 111)
start by disabling widescreen patch to make a valid bug report
The same crashes happen at the same moments with and without the widescreen pnach file. I forgot to write that i always test with and without pnach files before. If i should notice a difference in it, i would write it immediately. I thought that in this particular case it would be useful to show the emuLog as i play the game exactly. In the attachment is the new emuLog without widescreen pnach file enabled.
~A quick edit~ Remember, the emulator also crashes shortly after the ingame crashes. So i am not sure if the emuLog is complete.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 8,27 KB / Downloads: 143)
I found out that the last working build on this game is v1.7.2020. There are no crashes anywhere in this build. And since build v1.7.2026 the crashes started. Something must have happened in between. I hope this info will be helpful to you.

By the way: Nice snow effect. Christmassy!