Resolved: [Bug Report] Monster Hunter G [JP]
# PCSX2 Version: Official 1.6.1 and Nightly 1.7 dev2722
# CPU Options: "Safest" preset
# Graphics Options: "Automatic" renderer and default settings
# Description: In certain areas, like the caves in the Jungle map, the lighting on the player character and monsters is wrong. Some patches of the mesh are brightly lit while their neighbors are the correct darkness. This seems to be the same issue as in my recent bug report for Monster Hunter [NTSC-U]: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Resolved...ter-NTSC-U

Sponsored links

There's a third monster hunter game?!

What about 2? does this affect Monster Hunter 2 as well? We might as well blanket set the VU setting to Extra+sign on all of them if they're all the same engine.

I presume you tried Extra+Sign clamping on the VU to see if it's fixed?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-09-2022, 10:21 AM)refraction Wrote: There's a third monster hunter game?!

What about 2? does this affect Monster Hunter 2 as well? We might as well blanket set the VU setting to Extra+sign on all of them if they're all the same engine.

I presume you tried Extra+Sign clamping on the VU to see if it's fixed?

Yes, Extra + Sign seems to do the trick. I haven't seen this issue in Monster Hunter 2, but I haven't played through every region yet.
Well, it's probably the same engine, so we'll add it to be safe.

(05-09-2022, 06:15 PM)refraction Wrote: Well, it's probably the same engine, so we'll add it to be safe.

Actually, looks like the same problem is present in the Jungle Cave and the caldera of the Volcano, even with Extra + Sign Clamping Mode.

I've attached a memory card with a save that has quests for both areas unlocked; the 5th quest under Urgent is always a Volcano quest, Jungle quests are usually in the 3- and 4-star categories.

Attached Files
.7z   Mcd001.7z (Size: 155,97 KB / Downloads: 122)
Never mind! I just had the wrong setting; the same solution works for this game as for Monster Hunter 1.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.