Resolved: [Bug Report] Monster Hunter [NTSC-U]
# PCSX2 Version: Official 1.6.1, 1.7 dev501, and 1.7 dev2676
# CPU Options: "Safest" preset
# Plugins Used: GSdx 20201030102824 1.2.0 (D3D11 hardware and software, OpenGL hardware)
# Description: In a few areas, certain mesh faces on the player character and monsters are being rendered unshaded (as if in full light.) This is most obvious on the female Leather Armor torso piece and the Undertaker lance in any cave zone from the Jungle map. See the side-by-side below, the left image captured from PS2 hardware, the right from PCSX2 1.7 dev501: no hardware hacks, default plugin settings, 3x native resolution:

[Image: tx1Ffzf.jpg]

Khezu also displays this shading issue:

[Image: m8jnTD1.jpg]

Sponsored links

Can you upload a memory card save where this happens?
(05-04-2022, 05:10 PM)prafull Wrote: Can you upload a memory card save where this happens?

What's the best way to do that? My memory card is too large to post as an attachment.
zip it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-04-2022, 05:10 PM)prafull Wrote: Can you upload a memory card save where this happens?

Here you go! Jungle quests only appear in the 3-star category or higher. The quests are random, so if there isn't a quest available in the Jungle, quit and reload to shuffle the list.

Attached Files
.zip   Mcd001.zip (Size: 235,33 KB / Downloads: 112)
Can you upload a savestate where this problem occurs because I can't reproduce it using your attached memory card.
(05-06-2022, 08:00 PM)prafull Wrote: Can you upload a savestate where this problem occurs because I can't reproduce it using your attached memory card.

The save state is too large to upload; even when 7z compressed it's still over 11 MB.
upload it somewhere online then, if you have a google account you will have a google drive, you can put it on there and get a sharable link (don't forget to change the permissions to anyone)

failing that, find a file upload website
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-06-2022, 08:00 PM)prafull Wrote: Can you upload a savestate where this problem occurs because I can't reproduce it using your attached memory card.

The forum won't allow me to post an external link (too recent of an account maybe,) so just add this after drive.google.com: /file/d/1A5JROXLDQjRkTOb9ehoa9j_wEWHMWAvc/view?usp=sharing
You're on a very old version of PCSX2, can you please make the savestate on the very latest build (1.7.2710)? We don't support old versions
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]