Resolved: [Bug Report] Onimusha: Dawn of dreams [NTSC-U]
Sad 
PCSX2 version: all version up to 1.4.0 (even tested with git revision 7b8616a)
Emulation setting preset: 1 - safest
Plugin used: GSdx SSE4.1 (Tested with DirectX9, 11, OpenGL with software and hardware selection)
Issue: menu glitch

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   log1bootdisk.txt (Size: 9,93 KB / Downloads: 654)
.txt   log2gamemenu.txt (Size: 173,73 KB / Downloads: 1.462)
.txt   log3ingame.txt (Size: 577 bytes / Downloads: 497)

Sponsored links

This is a well known issue, the glitch is caused by the patch, but the patch makes it boot, so it's kind of a lose lose situation
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-07-2016, 10:58 PM)refraction Wrote: This is a well known issue, the glitch is caused by the patch, but the patch makes it boot, so it's kind of a lose lose situation

So can it be fixed in the future or it will stay like this forever? Because there is some progress however. In some revisions inventory menu was totally covered with this pixel garbage and in some newer releases you could use inventory almost without glitches, so maybe there is some clue to fix everything?
It will likely be fixed in the future, I can't say when as we don't really know the root cause yet.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Pushed and has been posted as an issue in our Github repository HERE

Issue link: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1141

This thread will now be moved in the Pushed bug reports subforum.
Has there been any progression in fixing this problem ? It has been there for like 6 years or so.
(07-02-2018, 08:46 AM)Appagom Wrote: Has there been any progression in fixing this problem ? It has been there for like 6 years or so.

not since 2016 : https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1141
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-02-2018, 08:55 AM)jesalvein Wrote: not since 2016 : https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1141

Will there be any chance of this being fix in the future ? I rlly wanna play it so bad, but the game require us to look at some of the 2d graphic menus in order to proceed in the game Sad . Someone really have to fix this . Oh btw, thx for thr fast reply tho, im surprised.
(07-02-2018, 04:32 PM)Appagom Wrote: Will there be any chance of this being fix in the future ? I rlly wanna play it so bad, but the game require us to look at some of the 2d graphic menus in order to proceed in the game Sad . Someone really have to fix this . Oh btw, thx for thr fast reply tho, im surprised.

I think it works in software mode.
if not, maybe you could still check those parts on your real PS2 console, then import your save to pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5