Resolved: [Bug Report]PCSX2 0.9.7 Plugins Search Path Setting
Pcsx2 works great with the games i love! Thanks to the amazing works of all the devoted developers!

Recently i found one setting option doesn't work. Although it doesn't effect gameplaying, it's pretty annoying to me.

I use several different versions to play specified games. To save time and space, i put each version in a seperate folder and put all the plugins in a common folder. i try to make them use the same plugins folder. But no matter i change the setting in the GUI or modify the windows registry value, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PCSX2\"PluginsFolder"="F:\\games\\emu\\ps2\\plugins", or edit the portable.ini in portable mode, it just doesn't work. Everytime i want to change a plugin, the components selectors use default search path setting like this

So i had to change the plugins search path everytime, it's pretty annoying to me since i like to test new versions of pcsx2 and plugins a lot.

Please help me with this problem. i will be verygrateful!

Sponsored links

Maybe because you downloaded a linux version instead of the windows version? (as the path it is forcing you to use suggests)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

the linux version can't run on windows, can it? the one i run on windowsXP is a exe file. it should be windows version, right?
the version i use is r4379
I thinks Narsil is right. I do not see any code for this feature. But I'm on linux Tongue2

Anyway I will fix that.
I updated PCSX2 to support the plugins folder path from the gui. Feel free to test r4392 or later.
well the ref is windows not linux.. i double check ...
first,there are no plugins?
if there are some plugins,is it is the old plugins?(because 0.9.7 is useing v3 plugin)
the old plugins is only for 0.9.6(v2 plugin)
so you should find some new plugin.
VA_AV
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.