Resolved: [Bug Report] Phantasy Star Universe [NTSC-U]
Hey guys, I'm playing Phantasy Star Universe [SLUS-21194] and ran into an annoying issue that I can't seem to resolve.

I've looked at the compatibility list and saw that enemies can get stuck/not move, and that you have to set EE Advanced Recompiler Round Mode to either Nearest or Positive. But even after doing that, this particular enemy (boss), will not move or do anything.

The enemy I'm talking about is the boss of Chapter 7 in the game. He turns invisible at the start of the match.

[Image: W8vTryz.jpg]

At this point he just stands there in the middle not doing a thing, and I am unable to hit him, thus I'm forced to reset the game. I've tried reloading the game, changing Round Mode to Positive and Nearest as mentioned, restarting PCSX2 entirely, but nothing helps.

Is there anything else I can do at this point?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)

Sponsored links

After changing the settings have you restarted by using SaveStates of pcsx2 or Save/Load-function of the game itself? If there is an error with rounding it might be already inside your SaveState - if you are using these.
Hmm I loaded a Save State to save time on having to load up the entire game and stuff. I didn't think Save States actually saved emulator settings like that too. Wacko

I'll give it a shot with loading the game regularly.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
Well that solved it. Changing Round Mode to Positive and then loading a regular save did the trick.

Now I feel silly for not trying this before.. totally didn't expect Save States to actually save the important emulator settings like that.

Thanks for the help. Smile
i think SaveStates are just like a memory-dump. If rounding modes affect what you see, their result will be saved. Therefore not the rounding mode setting itself will be saved but its result. And if your file is corrupt by one wrong rounding (which can happen quite early in the game) you will have this problem even later if you don't change the rounding mode or use save-states.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Reopening this.

This bug was never actually solved. It's just that a work-around has been mentioned. (And sometimes you still need to use other options, because it didn't completely fix it in a different playthrough.. See the other topic below for that)

Also leaving a redirect to a more up to date topic on the matter: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Phantasy-...-stuckness
I see, so does EE Round: Positive cause any issues ? if it doesn't, it could be implemented as an automatic gamefix. though, changing the clamping/ rounding modes are the only way to prevent denormals.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
This has somehow gotten fixed in recent revisions of PCSX2 (1.4.0 and beyond?). I've played the game from start to finish with no further issues. (Without having to change Rounding/Clamping settings). The same bug that was in Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus, but the bug is also not happening anymore there.

If it does re-occur I'll create a new topic.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.