Resolved: [Bug Report] Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal [NTSC-U]
PCSX2 Version: Nightly v.1.7.4344
CPU Options: EE/IOP Defaults, VUs defaults
Plugins used: Software, Vulkan, Direct 3D11, Direct 3D12
Description: Character geometry is broken (depicted in the attached picture). This happens when you mess around with EE Cycle Rates, however, this is happening to me even at default settings (100%). Underclocking to 75% fixes it, but also makes the game slower. Strangely enough, starting a new game, or loading to a savestate I made some hours ago seems to fix it. Although I messed with EE Cycle Rates in this game before, I didn't mess with EE Cycle rates between this last savestate and now, so I'm not really sure what made the game behave like this. I have tried Soft and Full booting the game normally at normal velocity, and the problem still persists. This can theoretically be fixed by loading a previous save state, but I would lose a lot of progress and there is the chance of it happening again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Go in to Game Properties->Game Fixes, and tick "Full VU0 Synchronisation"
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

though I'd also appreciate a savestate on that screen, if you could.

(04-08-2023, 09:41 PM)refraction Wrote: though I'd also appreciate a savestate on that screen, if you could.

Sure, I'm not very knowledgeable about the process but it should just be the .p2s file right?
The file is too big and I can't post URL links so here is a .txt file containing a MEGA link, sorry if that's breaking any rules.

EDIT: Also, I'm new to using the Qt GUI so I'm not sure where exactly to find "Game Fixes", I have ticked the "Manual Hardware Rendered Fixes" option but still can't find it.

EDIT 2: Figured it out Smile

Attached Files
.txt   Mega.txt (Size: 73 bytes / Downloads: 78)
(04-08-2023, 09:40 PM)refraction Wrote: Go in to Game Properties->Game Fixes, and tick "Full VU0 Synchronisation"

After some testing, the problem still persists with "Full VU0 Synchronisation" hack active, I tested with default settings, on Software; 3D11; 3D12 and Vulkan. And also while loading the game state directly, Soft booting anf Full booting. Like before, running the game at 75% EE Cycle Rate fixes the problem. This problem has persisted even after restarting my computer.
I just made a PR which will fix it at the normal cycle rate, so once this gets merged in to the code (possibly tomorrow) it will be fine. https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/8614

(04-09-2023, 03:05 AM)refraction Wrote: I just made a PR which will fix it at the normal cycle rate, so once this gets merged in to the code (possibly tomorrow) it will be fine. https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/8614

Thank you so much for the help! Glad that my bug report was somewhat useful and wasn't me just messing some settings up that I shouldn't have touched Smile.
We had other reports of it but could never reproduce it, but your savestate was perfect, thanks Smile

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/8614

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.