Resolved: [Bug Report] SSX On Tour [NTSC-U]
# PCSX2 version: v1.2.1-639-gfa3db52(Windows),pcsx2-v1.2.1-568-gb9fba80 (Windows)
# CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults
# Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.16 (hardware and software, dx11), SPU2-X v2
# Description: During Monster Tricks and finishes the game suffers slowdown, minuscule while using "standard" GSdx but when MSAA/FxAA is enabled among other option the slowdown is increased immensely. MSAA seems to be the culprit in this scenario. Going from 2xMSAA to 4xMSAA resulted in a >15 fps drop(GTX 780, i5-4670K 3.4GHz,WIndows 7) and going to 16xMSAA almost crashes my desktop. Besides a slowdown a (for lack of a better name) corrupt rectangle appears in the top left corner when using hardware mode.
[Image: JCftsGj.jpg]
[Image: PFXhKsf.jpg]
A significatly larger one in the bottom right if software mode is used.
[Image: BxSPckM.jpg]

The rectangle isn't static and changes colors during monster tricks.

If anymore information is wanted please ask.

Sponsored links

slowness isn't a bug.
moved out of bug reports.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
How about the rectangular corruption. I'm sure it's tied together with the slowdown. Where should i post this if my issue isn't classified as a bug?
that rectangle appears in hw mode, which invalidates it as a bug.

I'll move it to plugins discussion, then.
It appears in SW mode as well as I have written(Between the second and third picture). As I see this is a bug and it's causing slowdown but if the thread is more appropriate in plugins discussion then move it.
Hmm.
I see.
And this bug appears whan you arent using any hack ?
Like edge antialiasing ?
This bug is present no matter what I'm doing with the bells and whistles. But it does change size and position in HW and SW mode(as stated). What I'm noticing is that FxAA and MSAA tanks this slowdown immensely but the square itself isn't changing. The other options(texture filtering,anisotropic filtering etc.) increases the slowdown but not nearly as much as antialiasing.
Ok.
This qualifies as a bug, then.
This issue seems to be related to some kind of red filter applied to the player char model during the monster tricks. Or maybe it's the sound or sprites Smile This bug is extremely game-breaking and have been around for a several years already. It would be veeery nice to see it fixed at last.
(10-08-2014, 11:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Ok.
This qualifies as a bug, then.
How is this not a gsdx bug ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction