Resolved: [Bug Report] Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne [NTSC] -Shadows
Bug with shadows on Persona Nocturne NTSC
# PCSX2 version: 0.9.7 r3113
# Plugins used: GSdx 3068 0.1.16, spu2-x r3117 1.4.0
# DX10 & DX9 tested, no change
# Shadow texture is always over game character texture

[Image: th_82377_personashadow_122_115lo.jpg] [Image: th_86714_personashadow2_122_343lo.jpg]

I'm trying to find a fix but its pretty much shooting in to darkness right now (First time runing ps2 emu and first game) I had psx emu years ago and My knowlege is small when it comes to PCSX2
edit: Using DX10 & DX9 settings in video plugin -no change, no setting fix the shadow problem here
Idk if using gamefix requires a emu restart but if not, no gamefix helps with this bug.

Sponsored links

Known issue when using a (Hardware) renderer in GSdx, (Software) works fine. Not sure how other graphic plugins work with it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Yeah it's a known issue. They fixed it once but it was one of those cases where the cure was worse then the disease as while the shadows were fixed some walls became transparent.
Thanks for the reply, I will check software rendering and see how it plays
I've tried Software mode myself, and it works well, yet graphics are a bit too native ^^'..
You could try messing around with the skipdraw hack, as some games are able to produce a shadow with it set on 1, but i make no promises.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.