Resolved: [Bug Report] Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 4 NTSC SLUS 21782
I would like to note that in the latest GIT builds this crash no longer occurs. Something fixed it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

It's not completely fixed and this is not the only game it happens in. I reported this before along time ago xD
I think I still have a FFXII save file where I can get it to happen 100% of the time with auto software on vids turned on. I'm gonna see if I can find it and if it still happens there.

But without the save file, you can just hold the F9 button down and it will cause it to rapidly switch which will cause a crash anywhere in any game. To fix this part, one may put some time in between presses of hotkeys so that it will only happen once if you hold it down and you won't be able to rapidly press it like that to induce crashes.

(still looking for savefile)

Edit: Unfortunately I can't find it but let's just start with the press limiters. Not just from us pressing the hotkeys but for the emu 'pressing' them too. 1000 ticks of sleep time between presses should do (1 second). But yeah, if you do it on flame purge during the initial fps drop phase, you got a 75% chance it will crash when you press F9.

Unrelated (don't kill meh): Rumble Fish doesn't crash at startup with AA turned on anymore but it now does with the Enable FXAA Shader option turned on.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
Quote:But without the save file, you can just hold the F9 button down and it will cause it to rapidly switch which will cause a crash anywhere in any game. To fix this part, one may put some time in between presses of hotkeys so that it will only happen once if you hold it down and you won't be able to rapidly press it like that to induce crashes.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the OP too. I can still make that happen, but you are the first aside from me that can reproduce it.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I'm sure everybody can produce the holding it down one, just nobody is paying attention, haven't tried, or feel like they need to since it's already stated Tongue
I've had 3 different machines since I first reported this. Can't be because of my machine. Thing is, it never is 'just the machine' xD
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
Well, I had a couple of people test holding it down for me, and it did not reproduce for them.
Thank you for your report.This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1