Resolved: [Bug Report] Suikoden V [PAL/NTSC-Selector] Seafight ships missing
#PCSX2 version: r-1888 (latest official Beta)
#CPU options: everything enabled (EERec, both VU Compilers and using both MicroVU), Multi-Threaded, running on frame skip with Custom FPS set to 0 (auto)
#Plugins Used: gsdx-1476 in DX10-Hardware mode -> Choosing PAL Playback ingame

#Description

Hi. I am using the german Suikoden V version CRC=9CD9C449 (I guess).

After some great improvements speed wise the game is really fun to play now. Its just a matter of fact that if you use a ship to engage an enemy ship directly (using magic or normal attacks but no ranged archery) and the enemy ship gets destroyed, your ship vanishes as well. You keep your "people" on board of the ship, but its not on the map any more. The computer doesn't attack it either. Its simply "gone". I tried a ton of settings - including as-close-to-PS2-as-possible (disabling all optimizations). In both cases (highly optimized or no optimization) it shows the same behavior. Where its still possible to win the battle at Fortress Hatred, it will become a problem later on. ^^

Can anyone confirm this? Blink
I didn't find any interesting news about that here. Happy

Thanks in advance. Unsure

Regards, Bigfoot29

Edit: Removed a bit of ranting. It doesn't belong in here.

Sponsored links

Do a proper bug report as this thread instructs http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2318.html
Else I'll move this out of this forum
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-16-2009, 09:44 AM)Bositman Wrote: Do a proper bug report as this thread instructs http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2318.html
Else I'll move this out of this forum

Sooo... I have to file 2 bug reports for it? One dedicated to Sui V and one for "unknown reason"?

But lets follow your Order:

#Thread Title: No clue on the region. Is it german? Europe (means PAL in general)? International? I am using it in germany, however, you have options for several languages and PAL/NTSC. But actually that doesn't matter because its a glitch in the program logic. Either in Suikoden or PCSX2
Maybe you can tell me why there is no need for a short error description in the title to make obvious what the error report is all about?

#PCSX2-Version is named: Beta r-1888
#CPU-Options: They might really matter. going to change it.
#Plugins: Don't matter. The the ships missing error has nothing to do with plugins.
# Memcard/screenshot: When you (devs) need it, you will get one. Assured.

To sum things up:
I want to post an error report here to help OTHER people. Its not because I demand fixing them. So either go with the given error report (as you should anyway - its a way of supporting PCSX2, you know?) and not forcing them into using too strict rules (we had a discussion about that already Bositman - looks like you still didn't learn your lesson, did you?). By the way... why are here still dozens of other bug reports with the same "irregular" style? (For the record: that was a hypothetical question.)

I will add the CPU-Options to the main post and reorganize it a bit. As said, live with it, or move the post so that others can't find it where it should belong to. Up to you.

Regards, Bigfoot29
Quote:#Thread Title: No clue on the region. Is it german? Europe (means PAL in general)? International? I am using it in germany, however, you have options for several languages and PAL/NTSC. But actually that doesn't matter because its a glitch in the program logic. Either in Suikoden or PCSX2
Maybe you can tell me why there is no need for a short error description in the title to make obvious what the error report is all about?

If it has options for several languages, it's PAL. It DOES matter because even the same game behaves differently in different region versions. So the bug might be present in Suikoden V PAL but NOT in Suikoden V NTSC. So next time instead of trying to be a smart ass, take our word for it, we know better. We don't want descriptions in the titles to be able to search the threads easier. Plus, one thread can be used for several bugs of the same game, making it impossible to mention them all in the thread title.

Quote:#Plugins: Don't matter. The the ships missing error has nothing to do with plugins.
How do you know? Did you debug the game with debug builds of plugins? Did you use the PCSX2 debugger to see where the problem lies? No, so let these deductions for people who can actually make them. If changing any plugin makes no difference on the bug it means it's unlikely to be a plugin bug but certainly not out of the question.

Quote:# Memcard/screenshot: When you (devs) need it, you will get one. Assured.
Obviously, we do need a memcard. Except if you want the devs to play through the whole game to reach the point of the bug.

Quote:I want to post an error report here to help OTHER people. Its not because I demand fixing them. So either go with the given error report (as you should anyway - its a way of supporting PCSX2, you know?) and not forcing them into using too strict rules (we had a discussion about that already Bositman - looks like you still didn't learn your lesson, did you?). By the way... why are here still dozens of other bug reports with the same "irregular" style? (For the record: that was a hypothetical question.)

This forum is NOT for helping other people. It's strictly for PCSX2 developer usage, so they can track bugs and get help from forum members in fixing them. If you can't follow the strict rules, don't post here. As I said before and I'll keep saying this forum is for developer usage, and we want the reports in that format. If you are too bored to do it, don't want to do it, want to help other users or anything else. post elsewhere.
I don't think you are in any position to 'teach me a lesson' given the fact you're posting on a forum breaking its' rules.
There are dozens of threads with the 'irregular' style because I'm a single person and there are about 200 threads in here.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Also add user error to that list. This is a rounding "bug", I don't remember which mode exactly fixes, but mess with them until it works.
As this thread is less for discussion and more for helping the devs:
(I could answer your posts here, but that definately does not belong in here. Just note that a bug report forum is not only for the devs, but also for the users to get some help and maybe solutions from other people. - Its the idea of a forum. For bugs I highly recommend using a bugtracker instead.)

A Memcard (zipped) is attached. Its the only saved "savegame". Simply load it, go to Lucretia and launch the battle. - Choose a archer ship and destroy a normal ship. Both will disappear. (will take approx. 5 minutes to play to that result)

About the version: I have no clue. You have several languages and you can choose using Pal AND/OR NTSC. However, due to the fact that it does not contain the original (japanese) language, I wonder if its still the international version or a PAL one as you claim it to be.

Regards, Bigfoot29

Edit: Maestro: I tried it with all rounding disabled (speed hacks off, Advanced all set to best emulation mode (Round: Nearest, Clamp: Full - both at EE Recs and VU Recs) FtZ and DaZ both disabled. Exactly the same results as in "default". Unsure
But will digg into it a bit deeper once I have some spare time (prolly this evening)

Attached Files
.zip   pcsx2-SuiV.zip (Size: 32,32 KB / Downloads: 296)
(12-16-2009, 02:26 PM)bigfoot29 Wrote: About the version: I have no clue. You have several languages and you can choose using Pal AND/OR NTSC. However, due to the fact that it does not contain the original (japanese) language, I wonder if its still the international version or a PAL one as you claim it to be.

Sigh. There are only two region types: PAL and NTSC. The region type is important because it changes the internal timing mechanisms of the PS2 virtual machine, and that affects all kinds of synchronization stuff since the PS2 is a complex multi-processor and multi-core system. If a game has an option for either PAL or NTSC, that means it defaults to PAL at bootup (this because NTSC mode doesn't work on older PAL televisions).

In any case, simply stating that it has a PAL/NTSC selector would be sufficient for a dev to figure out what you mean.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Air: It boots up using 640x511, running PAL normally -> Changed basic post.

Regards, Bigfoot29
So has anyone figured out a solution for this? ^^"
(03-09-2014, 05:09 AM)DreamerNeon Wrote: So has anyone figured out a solution for this? ^^"

I second this question, has anyone discovered a solution to this?