Resolved: [Bug Report] Tenchu - Fatal Shadows [PAL-E]
#PCSX2 version: 1.5.0-dev-703
#Emulation options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults
#Plugins Used: GSdx 1.1.0 (hardware, software, opengl, d3d11, d3d9)
#Description: Game renders in double vision (except the bottom 8th of the window) in most levels.

- candle below (level 1)
    - candle above (level 1)
    - arms (level 1)
    - perfect render (level 4)

GS dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t4ti2mmbuiu42...on.7z?dl=0

Sponsored links

I can't see the issue? Does it happen if you set internal resolution to native?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-05-2016, 11:11 AM)Bositman Wrote: I can't see the issue? Does it happen if you set internal resolution to native?
I can clearly see it on the top one. You have to zoom in to the bottom of the screenshots.
(05-05-2016, 11:11 AM)Bositman Wrote: I can't see the issue? Does it happen if you set internal resolution to native?

You can see the issue on screenshots 1-3. Most of the window renders in blurry double vision but for some reason the bottom 8th of the window renders fine and on some levels the whole window does as seen on screenshot 4.

Yes this still happens on native resolution. I have tried a bunch of different settings and hacks and still wasn't able to fix it which lead me to conclude this might be an issue with GDsx itself and the devs should be aware of it.
I've replicated the bug, and there seems to be no setting that fixes it. It's probable always been there, as it goes back to at least v1.2.1. And though it's not as noticeable, it seems to also affect software mode.
Here's a GSdx with a fix for this bug. Please test it and confirm if it resolves the issue for you as well.
(06-25-2016, 04:35 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Here's a GSdx with a fix for this bug. Please test it and confirm if it resolves the issue for you as well.

Yes, the issue is resolved for me as well. Thank you so much! Smile
After posting about this I had noticed that it didn't only affect Tenchu. You could see this bug on some of the screenshots and videos posted on the PCSX2 website as well.
I think most of those are similar looking, but different issues. I did discover several other games which do have the same bug, and a fix for those will be added to a future git release. Wink
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.