Resolved: [Bug Report] The Simpsons Game [PAL]
I've just tried the game with ZeroGS, this is what I get:
- The video part is constantly flickering (that I don't care, really)
- The ingame part is covered with graphic garbage. And yeah, when I go through the cave zone, it's pretty much looking like GSDX in hardware mode.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

okay nevermind then Tongue im talking to gabest about it, so we will get it fixed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thank you!! Tell him I say hi, and to keep the good and hard work he's doing! You too, also!
It's been a while since my last post, the thing is, due to nothing happening in the hardware mode part, I didn't feel the need to report again. But now that there's a huge glitch in hardware/software mode of the plugin... I don't know what's going on. Check this out.

Pic 1- Hardware mode: Same background/sky glitch, same black characters glitch, but now there's a glitch with the characters itself.
Pic 2- Software mode: The new glitch appears at software mode, too.
Pic 3- Console

Game data:
CRC 206779D8
SLES_549.04

Version used: PCSX2 0.9.6 SVN r1546
CPU config
MTGS checked
DualCore mode checked
VuRec0 and VuRec1 checked
Using normal frame limit mode
Default cycle mode
INTH hack

Plugins used:
- GSDX 1.15 r1551
- SPU2-X 1.1.0 r1429
- LilyPad svn (r1034) 0.10.0
Resolution: Windowed option activated.

My pc:
Intel Core2Duo E7300 2.66Ghz
Gigabyte G31-G31M-S2C motherboard
XFX 8800GS 384MB PCI-e
2x1GB DDR2 800MHZ Kingston
HITACHI 500GB SATA-2
Windows XP SP3
LG Flatron W1941S 18.5"

(07-22-2009, 05:01 PM)montecrudo Wrote: It's been a while since my last post, the thing is, due to nothing happening in the hardware mode part, I didn't feel the need to report again. But now that there's a huge glitch in hardware/software mode of the plugin... I don't know what's going on. Check this out.

Pic 1- Hardware mode: Same background/sky glitch, same black characters glitch, but now there's a glitch with the characters itself.
Pic 2- Software mode: The new glitch appears at software mode, too.
Pic 3- Console

Game data:
CRC 206779D8
SLES_549.04

Version used: PCSX2 0.9.6 SVN r1546
CPU config
MTGS checked
DualCore mode checked
VuRec0 and VuRec1 checked
Using normal frame limit mode
Default cycle mode
INTH hack

Plugins used:
- GSDX 1.15 r1551
- SPU2-X 1.1.0 r1429
- LilyPad svn (r1034) 0.10.0
Resolution: Windowed option activated.

My pc:
XFX 8800GS 384MB PCI-e
2x1GB DDR2 800MHZ Kingston
HITACHI 500GB SATA-2
Windows XP SP3
LG Flatron W1941S 18.5"

Try disabling microvu1 in the cpu, that should fix the glitch, in theory since i don't have the game.
ok...well I' ve nearly the same issuse...can sameone be so good and upload his emu without bios, if the game works now?
(08-29-2009, 02:38 PM)lolgc Wrote: ok...well I' ve nearly the same issuse...can sameone be so good and upload his emu without bios, if the game works now?

Hey Man! It's work 90%, because de sound is very poor!

Yes, hi there.

Well, I'm still having the same old issues with the Directx9 Hardware part. I'm interested to know what version did the user above me used nor what plugins, it's Vista and Directx10 and the game seems to go fine there.

Oh, and to fix the poor sound, please try the SPU2-X plugin. ZeroSPU2 is old.

Cheers.

PCSX2 Revision used: PCSX2 r1710
GSDX revision used: GSDX r1650
Sound plugin revision used: SPU2-X 1.1.0

My specs:
XFX 8800GS 384MB PCI-e
1x2GB DDR2 800MHZ Kingston
HITACHI 500GB SATA-2
Windows XP SP3
LG Flatron W1941S 18.5"

Hi there again.
I think I know what the issue is. This game in Directx9 needs a high level of AntiAliasing or an Antialiasing patching. At least it seems the plugin in Directx9 by Hardware doesn't recognize or lacks this feature for this particular game, so then, the video card can't render the necessary pixels and therefore, the game's graphics are incomplete and behave like the picture I posted above.

I'll give you the tests to confirm:

I've tried ZeroGS with this game and set the game screen to AA2X (Pic 1).
The result was a game screen similar to the one posted above.

When I pressed F6 and turned the game screen to AA4x (Pic 2), the screen was fixed to a complete rendering of the game (with some graphic bugs, well, the plugin is pretty old and buggy).

When pressed F6 and turned the game screen to AA8x, the screen was fixed to a more complete rendering (like Pic 2 but with less graphic bugs).

When pressed F6 again, the screen hung, well, seems my card doesn't support AA16x, so, good thing I turned it back to AA8X.

hello,and does sound work well on your pc and can you attach pic when is aa8x on?thanks!