Resolved: [Bug Report] Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero [NTSC]
PCSX2 version: 1.4.0
CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults
Plugins used: GSdx 1.0.0, SPU2-X 2.0.0
Hardware: i5-3350p, GTX 760 2GB, 8GB RAM, Windows 10

Description This game has been running flawlessly for me (60FPS at all times, no slowdowns whatsoever) until yesterday where a bug appeared from nowhere. The sound is now extremely screwed up--it plays perfectly, but the mix is split, for lack of a better term. Basically it sounds like this:

Left ear: Sfx are full-volume, music is at 10% (barely audible)

Right ear: Sfx are at 10%, music is 100%

Even the opening videos have this problem.

This appeared after I unlocked the Wangan, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. I've tried every single option in SPU I could think of, but nothing worked. Every other game works fine. I even ripped a new iso from my disc and tried running it from the disc, but the sound is still broken. I tried all the CPU options, and also tried Open GL and DirectX alike, but as it's a sound issue I doubt that's the problem.

Sponsored links

Have you tried deleting the SPU2-X.ini from the inis folder(while PCSX2 isn't open)?

Or try using an different, empty memory card to completely rule out it was triggerd by the unlock.
Just tried both of those. Didn't work. This is one of the weirdest bugs I've ever encountered.
I just tried my own copy and get the same result. It's really strange that it didn't happen until later in the game for you. It's definitely a SPU2-X bug, as the sound plays fine with the old PEOPS SPU2 plugin.
Do you observe any difference when changing DelayCycles to 1 on SPU2-X INI file ? (It's located below [DEBUG] part)
(05-28-2016, 10:45 AM)ssakash Wrote: Do you observe any difference when changing DelayCycles to 1 on SPU2-X INI file ? (It's located below [DEBUG] part)
No, still no music on the left channel.
(05-28-2016, 09:55 AM)FlatOut Wrote: I just tried my own copy and get the same result. It's really strange that it didn't happen until later in the game for you. It's definitely a SPU2-X bug, as the sound plays fine with the old PEOPS SPU2 plugin.

Wooh, I'm glad this isn't just me, because this is one of the most baffling bugs I've ever encountered in any computer program. I'll grab that old plugin for this game.
For what it's worth, and quite expectedly, the bug affects the PAL version too (SLES 50115).
Yes, I know. I have the PAL version too. Tongue2
(05-28-2016, 09:55 AM)FlatOut Wrote: I just tried my own copy and get the same result. It's really strange that it didn't happen until later in the game for you. It's definitely a SPU2-X bug, as the sound plays fine with the old PEOPS SPU2 plugin.

Hello,

Could you direct me to the older sound plugin? I'm running v1.5.0

I tried using this plugin but it wasn't recognised by the emulator:

http://www.pbernert.com/html/spu.htm

Thanks