Resolved: [Bug Report] Valkyrie Profile 2 [NTSC]
Another bug introduced that wasn't mentioned here yet:
[Image: vpglitchxt5.th.png]

See those vertical lines?

Sponsored links

also,
1) you can see huge "artifacts" (like "Ghost In The Shell" ingame) when you proceed to the second location. and that makes it almost unplayable for now.
2) When your video settings 1024x768, not Native [800x600] you can't see dialog box at the screen botton due to strange field [so you can play native [v] only, with loose details]
3) beautiful Video sequences halts
4) approx. fps on my 3.19 Ghz X2 core due - 35-40 ..... tooo slow for now
5) i have UNDUB version of Valkyrie Profile II Silmeria and still can't run DVD or make compr. iso

hope you'll check Valkyrie workability for future PG betas
a high-probability game crushes discovered in Surt Volcanic Caverns in the area w/ shell and deis soulstone.

this serious crushes can be avoided if you dont touch those soulstone,avoid the battle and don't stay this place for too long and move to the next area immediately

attachment info:
*screenshot w/ guided map on where the serious crushes takes place.
*regular saves *.ps2 provided to take you to surt volcanic caverns.

**Updated 02-25-09
*This ancient forest graphic bug is similar to Lost Forest

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   vp2invest022109.rar (Size: 67,76 KB / Downloads: 325)
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I found a new bug which might possibly be fixable. I recently started playing the game and reached the place with the cave, at the very beginning. Therein lies the problem. When I go to attack an enemy the emu crashes and in the dos screen I get this message:
vtlb miss : addr 0x26F5E1E5, mode 0

hope this helps to find the issue.

edit: I just tried it again but the address that is supposedly missing is different: vtlb miss : addr 0x26F569EF, mode 0
there are more of those most likely.
you know that you should write down your configurations and plugins used, pcsx2 version etc?
also if you have speedhacks on first try without etc

cause your post says you DON'T know!
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
yea you are right. here are my PCSX2 settings:

GSDx 890 v15 SSE2 - Windowed, Direct3D9 Hardware, PS 3.0, Interlance Weave bff, Aspect 4:3, D3D Native, Texture Filter and Vsinc Checked
Lilipad 0.9.9
Peops CDVC (CDDA Mod) 1.3.0 - WinXP/2K IOTCL, Tread Read, extra 4MB cache checked, Don't wait for drive (using DVD image file)
Qemu USB Driver
SPU2-X 1.1.0 - Linear, Direct Sound

EERec Vu0 Vu1 and MTGS Checked, Frameskip
Gamefixes - VU Add / Sub hack ( have to use or game unplayable)
x2 EERec Sync hack, IOP x2 Cycle rate checked

All else default

My SPecs:

AMD X2 5200+ @2.7
ATI Radeon HD4800 not Overclocked 256MB GDDR3
1GB DDR2 - 2GB Ram
have you tried with :
1. another CDVD plugin like gigahertz or Linuzapps?
2. if so try the speed hack off (on default cycles)
3. try with higher clamping lvls
and 4. are you using the savestates much?
Chicken is not Vegan?

1. Yes I have, the plugin is not the cause
2. I will try and edit this post with the results
3. Any suggestions? I am not too familiar with this new feature.
4. I am using save states but they work fine for me with my other game I play (Fatal Frame I)

edit: 2. Removed the option; 3. raised the clamp levels;
still crashes upon striking the enemy before entering combat. pretty much as I see it the only battle without crashing that is possible is the one with the tutorial.
which pcsx2 ver are you using? if 0.9.6 try the latest beta compile from krakator found in the general discussion

savestates work fine for me too ^^ most of the time a while back they corrupted "Shin megami Tensei 3 : Nocturne" for me XD
didn't know that could happen game worked good except if i wanted to go into the menue XD or wanted to save on a memory card^^ xDDD
that's why i asked
you could attach a zipped memorycard to your post so that someone could try to see why it doesn't work
it should be as near as possible to the problem and you could write short instructions to recreate the crash
Chicken is not Vegan?

>< ok I tried to start a fight after I loaded the game rather than start from a save game and it worked ><. should have tried that first. oh well.

I can confirm the bugs previously mentioned before though: in the forest the screen has a lot of artifact things and sometimes I cannot see where I am. also the game apparently only works with gsDX plugin. zero's you cannot see your character or the terrain. the game works at 15-20 FPS for me and sometimes drops to 3-8 unknowingly why.