Resolved: [Bug Report] Various games crash at the latest dev builds
Hello dear PCSX2-Team,

as the title says, some games always crash at certain moments. I have already found two affected games:

WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW (SLUS_210.60 / CRC = DEC7A844)
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 (SLUS_214.27 / CRC = 9D5AC274)

If you use pcsx2.exe, both crashing at The Undertaker's entrance, among other things. But if you use pcsx2-avx2.exe, there are no crashes where currently pcsx2.exe seems to be faster but less accurate and pcsx2-avx2.exe seems to be slower but more stable. These tests took place with all default settings and custom settings. The result is always the same. I remember that earlier dev versions did not have this problem yet.

By the way: In WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 the entrance from The Undertaker is graphically incorrect and have some FPS drops because of the widescreen code (patch=1,EE,002b1ac8,word,3c013f40). Is this a natural occurrence, or is the widescreen code incorrect or incomplete? I have attached a picture of the buggy entrance.

Furthermore, i wish you much success and fun in programming!  Biggrin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Widescreen patches are made by the community, so the patch creator responsibility. Kinda odd that there is difference with SSE4 and AVX2 version.
Yes, but it looks like facts. I think the creator of this code is nemesis2000. I hope something can be done about that. The only thing that helps is to wait and see what happens in future, right?
I found out that the last working dev version was v1.7.2107 for this problem. From dev version v1.7.2107-1-gf79e5ab559 to dev version v1.7.2113 these crashes existed and since dev version v1.7.2114 there are no more crashes. The only remaining problem is the thing with the (buggy?) widescreen code. I thank you all for this wonderful work that you always do! Smile
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]