Resolved: [Bug Report] cdvdGigaherz plugin error
Hello guys, ever since these two pull request has been merged the cdvdGigaherz plugin stopped working for me.
Code:
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/0a4ff90bfba20ea086a859a87fae4c9a826626f1
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/c9abec7cbed3e6200de9597bb2d8e9008a0085c9

My game backups are stored in compressed MDX format and I use Daemon Tools to mount it. I have a bunch of command line launchers that automatically mount the image and start PCSX2 with correct configuration. It is an old setup, but it worked quite well and I am pretty used to Daemon Tools anyway.

Now every time I use cdvdGigaherz.dll from this : 
Code:
v1.5.0-dev-2229-gc9abec7cb

or any later build the the emulation stops with File not found. Path: IsoFileSystem.
This is the console log.
Code:
PCSX2 1.5.0-20180127232611 - compiled on Jan 28 2018
Savestate version: 0x9a0d0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (build 16299), 64-bit
Physical RAM     =  16332 MB
CPU name         =  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed        =  3.398 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType         =  Standard OEM
x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 7f9ae3bf
x86EFlags        =  28100000

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins from D:\Games\Emulators\PlayStation 2\plugins...
Bound   GS: GSdx32-SSE4.dll [GSdx 20180127232611 (MSVC 19.00 SSE4.1/AVX) 1.1.0]
Bound  PAD: LilyPad.dll [LilyPad (20180127232611) 0.12.1]
Bound SPU2: Spu2-X.dll [SPU2-X 20180127232611 2.0.0]
Bound CDVD: cdvdGigaherz.dll [cdvdGigaherz 20180127232611 0.11.0]
(GameDB) 9714 games on record (loaded in 130ms)
Bound  USB: USBnull.dll [USBnull Driver 20180127232611 0.7.0]
Bound   FW: FWnull.dll [FWnull Driver 20180127232611 0.7.0]
Bound DEV9: DEV9null.dll [DEV9null Driver 20180127232611 0.5.0]
Plugins loaded successfully.

(CdvdSource) HotSwapping CDVD source types from ISO to Plugin.
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Patches: No CRC found, using 00000000 instead.
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
* CDVD: Opening drive 'H:\'...
* CDVD: setSpindleSpeed success (3600KB/s)
* CDVD: IO thread started...
* CDVD: KeepAlive thread started...
* CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytesTrack 1 start sector: 0
* CDVD: Disk Type: CD-ROM
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1536368 sectors)
* CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes(IsoFS) Invalid partition descriptor encountered at block 0x10: ''
Closing plugins...
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
3.x GL context successfully created
OpenGL information. GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2. Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation. Driver: NVIDIA 390.65
INFO: GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic is available
INFO: GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 is available
INFO: GL_ARB_viewport_array is available
INFO: GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store is available
INFO: GL_ARB_clear_texture is available
INFO: GL_ARB_direct_state_access is available
INFO: GL_ARB_texture_barrier is available
INFO: GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image is available

Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware renderer)
Available VRAM/RAM:3840MB for textures
GSdx Lookup CRC:0
Delete 0 Shaders, 34 Programs, 28 Pipelines
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.
File not found.
Path: IsoFileSystem
(pxActionEvent) IsoFS could not find the root directory on the ISO image.(thread:EE Core)
* CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes

I just use the older plugin file from the latest working build to work around the issue. Just though you guys might like to know it. If you decide to fix it I would be happy to test it for you.

Sponsored links

See here: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CDVDGHZ-...#pid578171

It is actually Daemon Tools not doing it's job emulating a CD-drive well enough. You should write a bug report for Daemon Tools instead. Wink
Actually, it might be fixable if the virtual drive just doesn't handle IOCTL_DVD_START_SESSION and IOCTL_DVD_END_SESSION. A quick test on my optical drive suggests that they aren't needed, and re-reading the specs, a session ID isn't required when obtaining a DVD physical format layer descriptor.

However, if the virtual drive doesn't handle IOCTL_DVD_READ_STRUCTURE, then I don't think there's anything that can really be done on our end.
Thanks for the quick reply, I posted the bug report in Daemon Tools forum ^^b
Try cdvdGigaherz from this build: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/9k...ppVeyor.7z

If that doesn't work then the virtual drive isn't handling IOCTL_DVD_READ_STRUCTURE and it can't be fixed on our end.
(01-30-2018, 12:36 PM)turtleli Wrote: Try cdvdGigaherz from this build: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/9k...ppVeyor.7z

If that doesn't work then the virtual drive isn't handling IOCTL_DVD_READ_STRUCTURE and it can't be fixed on our end.

The plugin from this build works perfectly fine, I tried couple of games and all of them booted without issues, even the CD ones. 

This is part of the log from ArTonelico
Code:
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
* CDVD: setSpindleSpeed success (5540KB/s)
* CDVD: Disk Type: Single-Layer DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1536368 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9

and this is from Rez

Code:
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
* CDVD: setSpindleSpeed success (3600KB/s)
* CDTrack 1 start sector: 0
VD: Disk Type: CD-ROM
* CDVD Disk Open: CD, 1 tracks (1 to 1):
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 2) (98123 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9

Thanks a lot for your time and the fix  Happy
(01-29-2018, 11:42 PM)FlatOut Wrote: See here: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CDVDGHZ-...#pid578171

It is actually Daemon Tools not doing it's job emulating a CD-drive well enough. You should write a bug report for Daemon Tools instead. Wink

Uhm, what exactly would I tell the guys on the Daemon Tools forum?

Can you perhaps draft a template which I can just copy and then paste\post inside their forum? Please?

(01-30-2018, 09:46 AM)Medard22 Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply, I posted the bug report in Daemon Tools forum ^^b

Please tell me where exactly you have posted that bug report, how do I see it? I have searched their forums but they have thousands of posts. I would like to know what they say about the user "Flatout" 's comments. Please.
Well, I wrote post in the general bug report forum. It seems moderators review every bug report post before making it public. So mine is either waiting for review, or they didn't publish it at all. Basically I described the issue and for the technical details I provided links to PCSX2 forums to my and yours bug report. There are links to the turtleli commits on git so I guess developers of daemon tools should know what turtleli was talking about. 

The latest build provided by turtleli works well and it pretty much solves the issue with daemon tools. Somehow I didn't think the daemon tools team would bother fixing things on their part. Hopefully the changes would be eventually merged.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.