Resolved: [Bug in Linux Beta UI] Plugin Configuration mislink in UI
(11-15-2009, 01:17 PM)Air Wrote: I couldn't reproduce it in windows, which is odd because that wizard shouldn't have any platform dependent code in it. Either that or I fixed it in a newer revision.

In any case it's not a bug. Just hit cancel and ignore it for now. That specific warning is not supposed to happen, but it's not really a big deal if it does.

The problem is no plugin built and dosent recognize any bios. Anyway i am compiling the revision 2198 that have just downloaded today.

EDIT :

Just compiled. I know is a prealpha i only put data if is useful:

||=== Utilities, Debug ===|
/home/cenador/Sources/pcsx2-read-only/common/src/Utilities/Console.cpp|58|warning: ‘void ConsoleNull_DoWrite(const wxString&)’ defined but not used|
/home/cenador/Sources/pcsx2-read-only/common/src/Utilities/Console.cpp|59|warning: ‘void ConsoleNull_DoWriteLn(const wxString&)’ defined but not used|
||=== pcsx2, Debug ===|
/home/cenador/Sources/pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/MTGS.cpp||In member function ‘void mtgsThreadObject:OhmypenPlugin()’:|
/home/cenador/Sources/pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/MTGS.cpp|218|warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’|
/home/cenador/Sources/pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/Patch.cpp||In function ‘void inifile_command(const wxString&)’:|
/home/cenador/Sources/pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/Patch.cpp|416|warning: unused variable ‘code’|
||=== Build finished: 0 errors, 4 warnings ===|

~/Sources/pcsx2-read-only/bin$ ./pcsx2-dbg
segmentation fault

PD: i would be glad to help debugging, but i am a new programmer, still studying :s. Hope in the future Wink

Greetings
Orcen

Sponsored links

*bump for 3 reasons*
i think i found the source for the original bug
2 more new bugs, 1 of which i consider as being a major useability bug (especially for noobs who might not know what to look for if a program misbehaves)

ok so here it goes:

i think i found what caused the original bug: when the plugin selected for whatever reason exits with an error exit code (i guess -1 or 0xFFFFFFFF or anything non-zero for example) this value is misinterpreted as the index of the config window to open (probably gets truncated/modulo'ed in the process thus pointing at the dev9 plugin's config window instead)

found another two strange bugs btw: in 1736 when you change some settings during gameplay (aka ESC, config, execute), the program tends to crash on ubuntu (particularly if changing options within the sound plugins), guess its some memory allocation problem...

a more general bug is that linux pcsx2 (1736 again) will interpret its file path location to stop at the first blank within the path:

e.g.: "/home/myname/pcsx2 beta/pcsx2/" <- if you put pcsx2 in a folder like this, everytime you run pcsx2 it will interpret the path as
"/home/myname/pcsx2/" since it just stops parsing its own location at the first blank, which led to configuration necessary at each program start and faulty plugin/bios loading behaviour(even if you configure it each time you load pcsx2, it again will stop parsing at the blank space), thus crashing pcsx2 everytime you load the bios or a game

(i got it working by replacing the blanks with dots, but you should consider changing pcsx2's filename/location path string parsing for future versions, if you havent done so yet Wink )

hope this bump is useful to you =)
Bug 
Could Not Load GS Plugin '/home/khormin/pcsx2/plugins/': /home/khormin/pcsx2/plugins/: cannot read file data: Is a directory

^ What I keep getting on the Linux version 0.9.6 - oddly enough, using the same bios on the .wine compiled windows version works fine; just that then I can't load any games from the .wine version.

i3 system on p55 board, 4Gb 1333MHz RAM, more than enough HDD space, nVidia GeForce 9400GT, if the hardware's any info.

Fresh install, no special plugins or anything.

Edit reason: Got the card/board mixed up. The 9800 is in the i5...
NVM; just kept browsing and found version 1736, which seems to have fixed that particular issue. I keep getting an error in the config window telling me that it cannot load (null)/plugins and (null)/bios, but ah well. It still works when I point out where they're supposed to be.

Edit reason: Updating post rather than further bumping

Found the same issue as Cyronc, regarding the config window displaying HDD / Ethernet choices instead of the same ones it does on the .wine compile...

Still unable to get the graphics config to work. The PSX2 config is also unable to load any graphics plugins other than GSNull, which doesn't work.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction