Resolved: [Bug report] Kingdom Hearts Re: CoM [NTSC]
Hello PCSX2,
I'm Pretty New to emu stuff. BlushBlushBlush
I got it installed just fine and the first file i tried out was KH's
Um well bugs I'm getting are the game is VERY laggy after main menu..(i.e after i choose difficulty and stuff like that.) it goes into the First Video and the fps drops to about 10 and the sound skips. Unsure
Like I said im new to this so idk what im doing
I'm using Gsdx9 and Peops
Rig: Phenom 9650, 4G Ram, 9800GTX+
Help plz Sad
p.s. Sorry if im not supposed to post this here Blush

Sponsored links

what's the speed of your Phenom, and version of Gsdx (and Pcsx2) are you using? Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
This is NOT a support thread,make a new one in general discusion
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-03-2009, 04:03 AM)Weems2k Wrote: For me actually, the SPU2-X plugin works great aside from the fact there is no background music. P.E.O.P.S works well except for a random crash here and there.

So wait, you're saying that you don't get the cut scene freeze with SPU2-X? What are your specs?
I get the same problems as many of the people who have posted here.
The first time i played KH RE:COM, as soon as I began playing it, the sound was on SPU2-X 1.1.0. Everything ran fine until i got to traverse town and realised there was no background music, like =O.
So then, i tried other plugins, and happily, PEOPS SPU2 1.9.0 had background sound fine. Smile I thought i had fixed my problems. So then i finished traverse town, and got to my first cutscene using PEOPS as my sound plugin, and i was like gah. It was like others described; the video was screwed up in that the video was kinda not smooth, with jumpy bits. Also, the subtitles did not match what was happening like described by others. I changed the plugin to SPU-X and played the same cutscene perfectly. Overall, using PEOPS in cutscenes meant dodgy cutscenes. However, during normal play, PEOPS was much better than SPU2 because there was actually background sound. So what I now do is, when im in a world, i use PEOPS. Then, at the last save in that world, i switch to SPU-X to watch the cutscene, then switch back to PEOPS... and so forth.All in all, really, really annoying and time wasting.

So i was wondering, can anybody suggest an alternative sound plugin, like a beta or something, or a completely different sound plugin, that both nice cutscenes and nice normal play work with? SPU-X worked wonders during KH1.Biggrin

Windows Vista 32bit
2GB RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 @ 2.60 GHz
PCSX2 0.9.6
GSdx 890 (SSSE3) on DX10 (hardware)
PEOPS 1.9.0/SPU2-X 1.1.0/ please suggest a better alternative Tongue
LinuzISO CDVD 0.8.0

thanks a lot! I know its improbable that there is a better sound plugin, so any suggestions on making this work? I really want to play it properly Wacko
Nope, it is probably adma messing up which at the present time cannot be fixed. It requires a big rewrite in PCSX2,but the team is working on it Wink
i believe that that bug that KH:ReCoM has with Peops is the same bug that KH1 has when sora is in the jungle (the tent cutscene) Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Mine is hanging as well, and I tried Pete's Sound in both GDS (All Versions) and ZeroGS 0.97.1.

With GDS and Pete, it hangs infinitely with a spinning heart after Leon says to follow him.

With ZeroGS and Pete, the result is the same as above PLUS there is no text in the bubbles.

The above and Cycle rates were tested (all of them) on both my Desktop and Notebook with the same results.

I'm still testing other methods to see if they work, but wanted to post what has NOT worked for me.
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories (SLUS_217.99)

v: r1736, it making a statesave, but cant load it (give a popup: "out of memory") or rathere somthing like bad tag ? (cant remamber now)
v: 0.9.6, save and load withouth problem, but if i got to menu (esc) and back to game (even w/o load then screen is black and fps are 200%)

0.9.6 - give infinity loop on loading screen or when i wana change stage (when there should be a menu with cards to pick that i wana use on doors), i think its related with (something i readed about) clamps, cuz when i use (goofy nad donald) card in battle its loop infinity too Ohmy (i use clamp on normal and extra mode (both))
r1736 - gives FREEZE random Ohmy

I'm new here (like you see), I readed alot about "how to config" pcsx2 it got alot of variable configuration, i tried alot, i dont have any problem after playing KH2 with it, but with Re:com i got them alot Sad sadly.

Oh, and on w7 + dx10 i dont get fullscreen (all resolution give me window with screen, no fullscreen)

And CalAni:
I had same problem with Leon but i checked all "expermental" function in CPU + Clamp FULL and dont know which one helped but i was after Leon but still freezee/infinity loading screen here :/ hope we get some fix

edit: im now trying on 0.9.6, got statsave before using goofy/donald spell/card - all configuration failed (i dont change noting related with gpu/sound) it took me abit of time ;p but i was hoping to make some progress
Of course when i change somthing in CPU like: VU0/1 its give me a big crash, same ass eerec ;p so only place where i can play is "advance" but still nothing new i got Sad the funny thinkg with "inifnity spell cast" is the fact that all buttons work and game didnt freezee its just stoped at CASTING FRAME, i can move camera, pause game thats the funy part ;p but still playing w/o casting spells and with saving before and after each battle is realy anoying Sad
E2180 [email protected] // NVidia 8800gt // W7_prof
You must use the PeoPs Sound plugin to not have random freezes, as said about 10 times in this thread. Did you bother reading anything?