Resolved: Core Design's Project Eden [SLUS 20164]
So I did a bunch of searching and it seems like this issue has never been looked into again, I'm guessing because it's not the most popular game for the ps2 out there, but I rather enjoyed  it on original hardware and would love to go through it up scaled with all the bells and whistles.

The game actually seems to work pretty well, but all reflective surfaces seem broken, and try as I might I have not been able to skip draw it or find a correlating default setting in the emulator that causes the issue, and it's a pretty ugly one unfortunately that takes you out of the game.

I don't expect anyone to jump to fix this problem right this instant, I just wanted to remake a topic to bring it to someone's attention, PCSX2 has come a long way since the last time someone brought it up and at the time it seems like it was working as intended with the settings stated here https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Project-...4-U--29917

I have had no such luck on newer builds though, any help to clarify if it does work and I'm just missing an obvious step to fix the reflective surfaces, would be much appreciated.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Prafull looked into it and it needs vu xgkick, it will be added in a PR (https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/5771) and then be merged for a dev build which later will also be automatic in the next stable. Thanks for giving a shoutout to a game I never heard from.
Oh shoot I'm so sorry I didn't realize I got a report on this.
Sorry I didn't provide the necessary info, and thanks a lot of looking into it!
Scuttle the ship guys!
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]